Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording FX1 and FX2 output (reverb and delay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    I have another idea for implement. All above ideas are great, but imagine that: all changes of any parameters could be recorded next to audio file. Then when play recorded session everything could sounds the same as in live session. More than that, you could record new version of controls log (similar to audio files) and choose active one. Then you could also export it track by track - dry, wet etc. This functionality could solve all above problems and also give much more possibilities to polish mix.

Leave a comment:

• virtualpt
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    You're right. You would need to recombine the effects returns externally with the dry master.

Would it make sense to have the master track recording only include the effects return in a future update? Or, do you want to record the returns and the master at the same time?
    It would be good to have a separate FX track recorded if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Selektro
    replied
    Originally posted by barkarark View Post
    Hi, thinking of getting a Bluebox and just want to confirm a couple things. Recording the master records the eq and fx on the master. But the fx are not recorded onto the individual tracks. Are the individual tracks recorded post eq and fader? Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat barkarark. seems like the tracks are recorded post EQ and fader, yes , but as stated the internal fx are only recorded on the main mix with everything else.

This is it the clinch point for many on purchasing this above all else, and it seems and there are many many questions/features requests/FW's flying around! maybe old FW irrelevant threads should be marked with strikethrough?

Leave a comment:

• barkarark
    replied
    Hi, thinking of getting a Bluebox and just want to confirm a couple things. Recording the master records the eq and fx on the master. But the fx are not recorded onto the individual tracks. Are the individual tracks recorded post eq and fader? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    Yep that's a +1

Leave a comment:

• jonlemon
    replied
    Nick agrees.

Leave a comment:

• destroy-with-science
    replied
    Having the master only record the FX would be a big improvement. But I would still prefer being able to also record a complete mix down as outputted to the speakers.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    You're right. You would need to recombine the effects returns externally with the dry master.

Would it make sense to have the master track recording only include the effects return in a future update? Or, do you want to record the returns and the master at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• destroy-with-science
    replied
    Thanks for the reply!

Would that mean I’d need to combine the main output and cue output externally for the mix output to speakers? That would also mean I’d need to use another device for headphone output. Not ideal.

My use case is I would like to record my live set with all stems and then tweak the mix later in a DAW. Main output will be running to speakers, and ideally cue to headphones. I don’t want to have to fill in things that were in the live set in the recording, I would like all these elements to be included in the multitrack. And I’d like to avoid having any mixer other than the bluebox.

Please consider this a feature request for being able treat FX return as a track and arm for recording.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Presently, FX1 and FX2 returns only appear on the main. You could use the Cue output for the master output and then use main as the place to record the wet effects.

Leave a comment:

• Recording FX1 and FX2 output (reverb and delay)

I see that you can choose which tracks to arm (including master), but is there a way to record the output of the built in reverb and delay busses to the multitrack?

I'm using a similar workflow right now with the ZOOM H6 where i bring in my FX returns on L+R. Makes it really easy to mix in the session FX perfectly when editing in a DAW afterwards (without having to do all the FX from scratch).
Working...
X