Headphone mix options (CUE Source)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone mix options (CUE Source)

What control is there over the headphone mix? I want to be able to hear an exact copy of the master channel through the headphones (with compression and FX). But also be able to PFL/solo tracks on demand.

In all of the videos I've seen of the bluebox in action, this is only used as a send. But I've noticed an option called CUE SOURCE in the videos that was set to custom. Is this how the headphone behavior can be set? What are the options?

The Cue Source switch lets you make the phones output serve as:
    • An exact copy of the main
    • A separate mix with pre or post fader sends
    You might miss the lack of a one button track on/off switch for the separate mix. However, you do have faders for each track.

Let us know if this does not answer your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      The Cue Source switch let's you make the phones output serve as:
      • An exact copy of the main
      • A separate mix with pre or post fader sends
      You might miss the lack of a one button track on/off switch for the separate mix. However, you do have faders for each track.

Let us know if this does not answer your questions.
      Is there a way for the Cue, when source is set to main, to follow the main fader? As of now I can only change volume in the headphones by adjusting the Cue level.

Comment

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        That's not currently possible. We reasoned that you may want to turn the main all the way down and still be able to hear the cue mix. Said another way, we're thinking the main is the speaker volume and the cue is the headphone volume.

I totally understand that this is traditional workflow. But since there is nothing traditional about this mixer (and I mean that in a very positive way), it would be nice to have the option for the Cue(headphones) to follow the main fader. In my particular case it would let me stay on the Mix window while playing "live" on headphones only and still be able to set the headphones level.

Comment

• lostforwords
        lostforwords commented
        Editing a comment
        Came to request the same thing. If I just want to listen in to a eurorack jam, for example, rather than connect up to speakers I would like to be able to set Cue to be an "exact exact" copy of the main output i.e. with the main fader effecting headphone volume. +1 to this option being added to the Cue sources please.

I have already made a small entry at the wishlist, which sounds very similar, maybe you can check if it is as you imagined and add something if necessary:
      https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...-cue-switching

Unfortunately I couldn't try it out yet, but is it possible to map the CUE source option via midi learn?
      Then I could at least with an external controller quickly switch between Mainmix and Custom (CUE).
      Otherwise you would need another small two-channel mixer that mixes Out 1 and Cue (Custom) together to quickly switch between Mainmix and Pre Fader Listening.

It would be really cool if there was a PFL button per track or you could change the existing solo button to work as one.
      I would imagine that when button is pressed you hear the main mix and when one or more are pressed then just pre fader input (like for example on the Mackie VLZ series).
      Alternatively a split cue like on a DJ mixer, on one ear the main mix and on the other the selected PFL track (if one is active).

I know these are high wishes for a product that just came on the market, other things surely have priority first, but the feature would make me really happy.
      The Bluebox is already a great device

Comment

Working...
      X