List of MIDI learnable functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of MIDI learnable functions

Just briefly perused the manual, and it says that the MIDI learn-able functions will be highlighted in blue, but then does not list or enumerate exactly which functions are actually controllable via MIDI. For example, in one of the pictures, gain seems to be highlighted in blue, but I am unsure if this means that I can, for example, use physical slider controls on a MIDI controller to control the levels of each track in real time.

Is there a list somewhere of exactly which functions are able to be controlled via MIDI? Planning on picking this up/preordering via Sweetwater for their no interest financing, but a little extra info beforehand would be helpful. Thanks.

In general, all of this stuff can be automated via MIDI:
    • Everything on the MIXER page, including the various track levels, solo, mute, etc.
    • All of the EQ parameters
    • All of the FX parameters
    The output levels and compressor parameters are not currently available via MIDI.

Comment

This brings about one question for me:
      I want to use the Bluebox as a live "programmable" mixer. Say I have a Blackbox sending midi to the Bluebox, and some synths run into the inputs of the Bluebox. Theoretically, I could have individual Sequences/Songs on the Blackbox firing off midi messages at the start to change levels, FX send levels, solo, mute, etc. So in a live set, my first song has the Bluebox with these parameters in one state, and then when I start my next song on the Blackbox, the Bluebox will change these parameters to another one. I thought this would normally be done using Program Change, but instead maybe Midi CC would do the job?

Comment

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        Both are valid. I would use CCs for automation and Program Change messages to load a new bank or snapshot.

Wow, I didn't see anything about Program Change messages in the manual. This is huge for me.

Comment

Hi, just recently recieved my bluebox. How do Program Chages work with it? I dont see any explanation on the manual.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

I need to apologize. As of 1.0.6, bluebox doesn't support Program Changes. I was confused about our other products that do. Please look for Program Change support in an update.

Comment

Ahh I see, no worries. Fantastic machine, looking forward to the update

Comment

Working...
            X