Low recording levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low recording levels?

I just want to ask whether I have misunderstood something here? I thought that the Bluebox is taking the gain levels into account when recording tracks?
    In my experience the tracks are recorded at volume levels (which can be correspondingly low depending on the mix).
    Currently, I improvise with pulling up all the faders before recording so that I don't give up any dynamics when editing in the DAW later.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by stoltenberg View Post
    .... I thought that the Bluebox is taking the gain levels into account when recording tracks?
    In my experience the tracks are recorded at volume levels (which can be correspondingly low depending on the mix).
    Actually I also have thoughts on this and cannot recall finding the something written on this topic. Could anyone shed some light on this?
    Last edited by Weazel; 05-01-2021, 10:51 PM. Reason: More precise formulation

Comment

I've just been looking at this and there is definitely a difference in recorded level vs live level, but rather than the gain setting not being respected it seems to be a flat drop of around 6db.

Comment

Working...
      X