Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beatstep Pro compatibility issue - transport (USB MIDI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatstep Pro compatibility issue - transport (USB MIDI)

Hi!
    Anyone but me having reoccurring issues with using BB together with the BSP using USB MIDI?

When I press start on BlueBox, Hell is unleashed - both down the MIDI chain and within the BlueBox:
    First nothing happens, then a lot of "crazy" stuff happens for a while (sort of stuttering, BPM run away or something of that sort, beats and notes firing of like pop corn)

I have half a work around, therefor I post here rather than on the Support sub forum and I am therefor currently not investigating further, but I would be interested if someone else recognize this issue. My work around is to use the transport buttons on the BSP instead of transport control on BlueBox. Not ideal partly since BlueBox will not accept REC from BSP transport buttons so I have to remember to use controls on both of the gear at the same time. Additional info: . FW 1.0.11. I have a couple of synths connected to BSP Midi port. No gear to BlueBox TRS midi ports, only USB midi connected to BSP.

USB MIDI is bi-directional. It sounds like you have created a MIDI sync loop.

Comment

Hi!
      I've set BlueBox as master and BeatStepPro as slave and I get this problem.

They┬┤re connected with USB. Nothing connected to MIDI in on BlueBox.

Comment

I have a Bluebox as master, MIDI out to MIDI In on the BSP. Then from BSP MIDI Out to a MIDI Thru box that splits the MIDI signal to a Volca Sample, Volca Bass and Volca Keys. Transport controls (PLAY, STOP, REC) are triggered from the Bluebox. All hardware is mapped to their respective channels on the BSP, and VS is assigned to 1 stereo channel, and VB and VK are routed into mono channels with a splitter. In addition, clock out of the BSP into Korg SQ1 that sends clock to Volca Modular and MIDI to NTS1.

Everything works out fine. Whats your routing?

Comment

Originally posted by marcokelso View Post
          I have a Bluebox as master, MIDI out to MIDI In on the BSP. Then from BSP MIDI Out to a MIDI Thru box that splits the MIDI signal to a Volca Sample, Volca Bass and Volca Keys. Transport controls (PLAY, STOP, REC) are triggered from the Bluebox. All hardware is mapped to their respective channels on the BSP, and VS is assigned to 1 stereo channel, and VB and VK are routed into mono channels with a splitter. In addition, clock out of the BSP into Korg SQ1 that sends clock to Volca Modular and MIDI to NTS1.

Everything works out fine. Whats your routing?
          USB only between BlueBox and Beatstep Pro, with BSP in slave setting, so MIDI sync loop ought not to be happening.

Comment

• RC Prime
            RC Prime commented
            Editing a comment
            You should try connecting to the BSP midi in instead of usb. I don't think that you can disable the clock send on BSP, and you can't disable clock receive on bluebox. I'm guessing bluebox is in permanent "auto" mode.

RC Prime
          Thanks!
          Sounds like a BlueBox design spec that maybe could be changed by Firmware?

Comment

Working...
          X