No announcement yet.

How do I record in sync with MIDI gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I record in sync with MIDI gear?

Whenever I start recording on a bluebox (record + play button), it starts right away even when midi is plugged in.

How can I start recording at the same time when my sequencer starts running? Otherwise I get empty silent space before the song start.

Connect the external device to the MIDI in on bluebox. To record do the following:
    • Hold the record button on bluebox
    • Press play on the other device
    • At this point both devices will begin and recording will start on the bluebox

Comment

• captainthedog
      captainthedog commented
      Editing a comment
      is it possible to not stop recording when stopping the clock/midi source? I have digitakt as master clock and am trying to record sample/fx tails after stopping the sequencer. -thnx

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      captainthedog - currently, no. But adding pre-roll and post-roll has been suggested.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      captainthedog - currently, no. But adding pre-roll and post-roll has been suggested.

Thanks! I will try that.

BTW, when I connect midi device to the bluebox, how do I check that bluebox actually receives MIDI clock?

Comment

Watch the bars:beats (1:1) in the upper left corner of the screen.

Comment

• datagreed
        datagreed commented
        Editing a comment
        But the beats are there even when the midi cable is not plugged in, I don't get it.

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        They will always be there. But when you send MIDI sync to the device, you will see that counter reset to 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, and so on. If you alter the tempo externally, you should see those numbers move in accordance with the change.

Hi I'm trying to record in synch with my bluebox 1.1.2. Firmware version.(this is the last version?)
      I'm using original midi\trs cable and sending midi clock from my drum machine, just midi clock start\stop message.
      When press rec on blubox and then play on drum machine, nothing happened.
      I've tested the cable and the clock signal send, and it's working on other device.
      I've try also to connect bluebox midi out but also don't send clock.
      Reading the manual, it seems easy non setting for midi, just auto mode so don't know how to solve it?

Thanks
      Antonio

Comment

Working...
      X