Intech controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intech controllers

Hi there - I’m using the intech midi controllers which are brilliant by the way and a cinch to setup up on the blue box. However I’d love to be able to toggle into the individual track view. Is it possible to map this? It doesn’t seem to be accessible in learn mode.

The intech controllers are awesome. I picked one up at Superbooth and love it. Unfortunately, the only controls that are mappable are on-screen.

Comment

In my experience, the Bluebox does respond to MIDI play/stop as well, although not with all of my devices (could be an issue of the clock be sent and not the Bluebox).

Comment

I'm considering picking up a Blackbox and the Intech midi controllers look like a great pairing.

Has anyone tried them with the Blackbox?

I was thinking that one BU16 module could be used as a stop/start trigger for each pad on the Blackbox
        and then one PO16 or EN16 could be used to control levels for each of those pads.

Would the blackbox do two way communication with the endless rotaries on the EN16?

Comment

No 2-way communication. But I do have the PBF4 and I love it. It works perfectly with all of our devices. I use mine connected to my bluebox. I definitely will buy more of these. Check out the new model with push-knobs. It is also a sequencer. I saw the prototype of this at Superbooth and was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            No 2-way communication. But I do have the PBF4 and I love it. It works perfectly with all of our devices. I use mine connected to my bluebox. I definitely will buy more of these. Check out the new model with push-knobs. It is also a sequencer. I saw the prototype of this at Superbooth and was impressed.
            Brilliant, that sounds good so. And one other question. I'd probably be playing live with a digitakt and digitone - I was thinking I would have multiple intech controllers linked together and going into the Blackbox. From there I would send midi+sync/transport to the digitakt and thru to the digitone. In that way I should be able to set one intech to control each pad level on the Blackbox and the other intech devices to control the track levels on the digitakt and digitone. Is this sort of passthru of midi cc possible with the blackbox? Effectively it would be the primary device passing out all my midi info to other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alexleonard View Post

Brilliant, that sounds good so. And one other question. I'd probably be playing live with a digitakt and digitone - I was thinking I would have multiple intech controllers linked together and going into the Blackbox. From there I would send midi+sync/transport to the digitakt and thru to the digitone. In that way I should be able to set one intech to control each pad level on the Blackbox and the other intech devices to control the track levels on the digitakt and digitone. Is this sort of passthru of midi cc possible with the blackbox? Effectively it would be the primary device passing out all my midi info to other stuff.
              Yes, the blackbox will pass MIDI. But it is important to know that the blackbox does not feature a typical MIDI Thru. It is possible to connect as you describe. This video might give you some extra details.
              https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Yes, the blackbox will pass MIDI. But it is important to know that the blackbox does not feature a typical MIDI Thru. It is possible to connect as you describe. This video might give you some extra details.
                https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM
                Ok, thanks again for all the information. I think I'll just need to dive in and see if I can get it all working ok

Thanks!

Comment

I'm sure you can get it working - it may take some work to get it configured. Let me know if I can help.

Comment

Question for intech users: do 2 controllers work fine if connected to Bluebox? Or are there power issues?
                    I‘m thinking about getting PBF4 and EN16 and using them simultaneously with the bluebox.

I need to replace my Midi Twister which has power issues with Bluebox. It keeps rebooting when connected to BB - and is only functional intermittently.

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can answer that about a month from now! I use the PBF4 all the time - I will pick up the EN16 at Superbooth! I saw some really interesting ways to use the EN16 last year. I did use this very combo at SB last year during the show and it was fine. No issues at all. I really like the Intech controllers.

• fiddymen
                      fiddymen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Recently got two EF44 and they work great with both the Blackbox and Bluebox. No issues with power when supplying 2A. Response is pretty excellent, and the assignments keep if the units are accidentally disconnected. Just takes a few seconds to reconnect to the master intech module.

Most importantly, the Bluebox GUI actually reflects midi changes in real-time, while the Blackbox GUI sadly does not.

Thanks Steve!
                    That you used the combo with no issues is very reassuring!
                    I think I might go for it.

Currently my old faderfox LD2 is fulfilling the role of the EN16. I mainly use it for controlling the BB's 4 band EQ per track.
                    It's very reliable, as it's non-USB and doesn't draw any power from the BB's device port.

I saw this picture on the intech site and while it looks great, with two controllers attached, I needed some reassurance from actual users...

Last edited by Michal Ho; 04-15-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Intech got back to me via email and confirmed that two controllers on the device port should be fine.

So I ordered them!
                      Fingers crossed it works.

Comment

Hey Michael i posted as a reply to Steve above that i use have used both devices with 2 intech controllers without issue.

Comment

Thanks, fiddymen

Comment

Got them yesterday, and I can confirm everything seems to be working so far with En16 and Pbf4 connected to Bluebox at the same time!

The depth of customization possible with the Grid editor is unmatched by any other hardware controller currently available, except maybe 4th gen faderfox.

Concerning Lua scripting, expect some frustration in the first few hours trying to understand the logic of Grid/Lua, but fear not, the Intech team is extraordinarily helpful and fast in providing examples and solutions!
                            Once I understood some basics, I managed to port the functionality of an entire PureData patch into my controllers within the first day of meeting Grid/Lua.

Highly recommended, well worth the money!
                            Last edited by Michal Ho; 04-26-2022, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Paranormal Patroler
                              Paranormal Patroler commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Glad to hear that using two works fine as I was considering as second one as well. You ported a PD patch into your controller????? Ok, now I am curious.
                          Working...
                          X