No announcement yet.

bluebox 1.2.0 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using version 1.2.2 and I'm still having the problem where the Cue output is initially sending all channels regardless of the mix. It's kind of annoying since I'm using it as an fx send.

Comment

Originally posted by fruitsnake View Post
      I'm using version 1.2.2 and I'm still having the problem where the Cue output is initially sending all channels regardless of the mix. It's kind of annoying since I'm using it as an fx send.
      Same here. Seems fixed for the other outs, but not cue. Have to reset every channel every time - very frustrating!

Comment

We will need more info to help. What are your actual settings? Have you tried using a new project? I can confirm that this works properly on all of my units running 1.2.2

Comment

• Michal Ho
          Michal Ho commented
          Editing a comment
          I encountered this too yesterday. A power reboot fixed it. Will try to reproduce it.

How stable is the 1.2.2? Is it worth to update?

Comment

Hi, I am on 1.2.2 beta, and it seems sound.

I have found the following:
          1. If you dial in your own reverb settings these are not fully preserved across a save and reload, specifically HI C, LOW C and PRE D.
          2. It would be really nice if you could save user presets for the effects, so you don’t have to dial your preference in every time you work on a project.
          3. During the boot sequence there is a tendency to some really loud, possibly tweeter busting, clicks on the outputs.
          4. I would suggest that the first EQ filter mode in the list is the parametric; Alternatively have H cut and L cut in a neutral state when selected, like the other modes.
          I am very happy with my Bluebox, I love its small footprint and it delivers in day-to-day use.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

We will need more info to help. What are your actual settings? Have you tried using a new project? I can confirm that this works properly on all of my units running 1.2.2
            Steve Not sure what you're referring to when you ask for 'actual settings'? Using my old project I reset the Cues and Outs to 0 and resaved as a new template under FW 1.2.2. On startup or project load the Cue levels show as being at 0 but they're not. I also created a completely new project under FW 1.2.2 and have the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Firmware v1.2.2; Cue source is custom; Cue style is fader. Regardless of whether I have loaded an existing project, create a save as template, or create a new project, when the project loads the cue output is sending audio form every channel at full volume even though all the faders are set to -60. I have to wiggle each fader to get the channels to stop sending audio. It behaves this way on every project, new or old, even fresh ones I made using the new firmware. I just tested it extensively.

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. I can see this and have reported it. We did JUST fix this same issue with CUE Toggle mode and will have another look.

I can confirm exactly the same behaviour (and test settings) here.

Firmware v1.2.2; Cue source is custom; Cue style is fader. Regardless of whether I have loaded an existing project, create a save as template, or create a new project, when the project loads the cue output is sending audio form every channel at full volume even though all the faders are set to -60. I have to wiggle each fader to get the channels to stop sending audio. It behaves this way on every project, new or old, even fresh ones I made using the new firmware. I just tested it extensively.
              Last edited by stoltenberg; 04-24-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sorry to say, but i'm loosing a bit of confidence in my device, since some heavier bugs occurring right now: I recorded some beats on the end of a small project and everythings was fine (red counter like usual). But on the end nothing happened: The edit-timeline was just like before and no new wav-files were added. I tried again, but no luck. Then i did a reboot, recorded again and retrieved the ERROR xxK with numeric value counting up. Again no recorded files. It's the original card out of the box with free 10 GB left.

Comment

• fruitsnake
                  fruitsnake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you been frequently recording files to and then deleting them from that SD card for a while now? Because every time you delete files from an SD card and re-write new files over them, the card gets worn out until eventually it gets corrupted. It's happened to me a few times on other devices in the past, so I started just filling up SD cards one time and then getting new ones. Since doing that I've never had any card issues.

It is true tho, that this FW seems a little buggy. I never had much issues with 1.2.0, other than that occasional weird bit distortion thing, so maybe just stick with that one for now.

• stoltenberg
                  stoltenberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the hint, fruitsnake. Not really frequently, but perhaps five sessions with importing and deleting of files is possible. »Getting new ones« means just fresh formatted cards, right? ;-) Yesterday i reverted to version 1.1.3 and had still the same trouble with that card/project. A fresh install of 1.2.2 on a blank card seems to be working, which confirms your thesis.

I can't stress enough how important it is to use not only a high-quality microSD card but to properly format that card on a regular basis using a reliable tool. Especially, with bluebox. During testing, we found that cards 128G and larger provided better performance as they can be accessed in larger chunks. For me, the best card is the SanDisk Extreme Pro A2 128GB. Under $20 US, you can find them on Amazon, and they perform at a high level.

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's pretty much it. I usually use the 'quick' option in SD Card Formatter but choose the 'overwrite' option every 2-3x depending on use since the last format.

• da.vid
                  da.vid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Any experience with a Samsung PRO Plus micro SDXC 128GB (also U3 V30 A2)? The San Disk seems to be hard to find (in the EU) at the moment, the 128GB at least, and one store offers me the Samsung instead.

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not that particular card but the specs look comparable to me.

Hi,

Arthur of AtoVproject here.

There is an issue concerning MIDI that is present since I got my Bluebox. I first noticed it using our 16n faderbank with it but could reproduce the same issue with other MIDI controllers.

The whole interface of the Bluebox would would slow down when the controls are moved. I could reproduce this behavior with other MIDI controlers by moving the controls very quickly for a longer time.

This behaviour can be trigger with both USB host and MIDI din.

I've done a bit of troubleshooting to see where the issue come from

The behaviour was solved by reducing the speed at which the 16n send MIDI CC (I had good results with a timer at around 50ms).

I also found that this does not happen if I send CCs from an unmapped control (tellling me there is already some filtering done)

This issues happpens also if I move a lot a controlers at once.

It looks like the Bluebox is buffering the MIDI messages and applying them with delay. Which would make sence to prevent dropping messages however then it seems like every message are then applied one after the other instead of just using the last value received per mapped CCs.

Let me know if you need any more informations,

Cheers! Looking forward to see you at Superbooth
                Last edited by AtoVproject.de; 04-26-2022, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for this. I will pass this along. I will connect my 16n and see if I can reproduce. See you at Superbooth!

Any chance of an option for the CUE SEND to have the additional option of a pre-mute postfader?

In the current setup it's not possible to properly mix tracks live with the BlueBox while using the CUE output for CUEing - prefader ignores any mixing on the main out, so can send any track to cue, but with postfader there is no way to monitor lvl/pan/fx beyond gain on a track before bringing it into the main mix, as a track muted in the main mix is considered muted postfader, therefore unavailable to the CUE mix. You either hear the prefader mix alongside thenew track (prefader), or must introduce the new track without the ability to monitor the new mix prior. I want the ability to use CUE to fully mix a new track before deploying to main, a la a the CUE of a DJ mixer. Plausible?

Also, can we please have the option to record tracks individual both pre- and post-fader, as well as the option to record fx1 and fx2 individually?

Comment

Have had the BB for about 7 or 8 months now, until now I have never had any trouble.

I installed 1.2.6 yesterday and so far it has been a catastrophe for me. I am getting REC ERROR, calling up a project have the system hanging for 10-15 secs, I get NEED SAVE AS TEMPLATE NOW when trying to save a project after which nothing is actually saved.

I am using the stock mem card. I have tried backing up then reformatting using the recommended tool then restoring files. Same thing. When I run a scandisk or chkdsk after a REC ERROR or botched file save, there is no indication of errors in filesystem or individual files.

Comment

• Aaron
                    Aaron commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for letting us know. Does going back to 1.2.2 fix the problems?

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

• Steve
                    Steve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely upgrade your microSD card. SanDisk Extreme Pro A2 128GB or larger for the best performance.

Hi Aaron,

I have gone back to 1.1.3 and it recorded for 20 minutes and then REC ERROR. I will put 1.2.2 in, and see how it behaves.

Are the micro SDs (Kingston A1) that come with the BB just off the shelf with no special formatting? I'm thinking allocation unit size.

Comment

Now on 1.2.2 and I get REC ERROR, this time after 4 minutes. When I look at the files that got recorded before the error using Edit+B, all takes on all channels are marked ACTIVE. When I try to record again, haven't touched anything, I get an ERROR 6.
                    Last edited by PermaLag; 05-09-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X