Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTO Boum setup options

Hi

Is anyone using the OTO Boum with Bluebox? I'm wondering what setup options are best? I'd like to have the Boum after the Bluebox, then going into my other mixer, but wondered if send/return might actually be a good choice?

Thanks
    Jason

I actually ended up setting up send/return and it's working really well

Comment

RollrightKnights Hey small world, I also just set this up for the first time. Curious if we arrived at the same method, in case there's a better way to do it that mine.

I'm going:

Bluebox OUT2 -> BOUM -> Bluebox IN6

Then obviously sending any Bluebox tracks I want to Boum'ed to OUT2. I also mute the tracks I sending to OUT2, so I don't hear them twice as I really just want to hear the compressed sound. Assuming you are using the same method?

What I haven't tested yet is recording, assuming you can record a track like normal even when you've muted it, sure hope so.

I wish there was a way to not lose track six and get the return to go to the master instead. But I guess that would require an additional hardware return channel like mixers have.

I had a few drum synths (Vermona DRM1, Moog DFAM) set up in this way and they sounded great.

Comment

Hi. That's what I'm doing except I didn't mute the track I'm sending, good shout! I did record the return track and it came out fine. If its not too 'look at me' there's a link to the jam I recorded in the 'Blackbox post your joints' forum page. It was just the OTO Boum, no post processing. Maybe the kick is a little over cooked, but I recently re-kindled my love affair with the MFB 522 after a long lay off, and forgot how much the bass drum smacks!
        Last edited by RollrightKnights; 05-17-2022, 11:09 PM. Reason: Link to YouTube not allowed it seems

Comment

If its not too 'look at me' there's a link to the jam I recorded in the 'Blackbox post your joints' forum page. It was just the OTO Boum, no post processing.
          Haha not at all, awesome hypnotic jam, and the boum sounds great with the mfb 522. What a neat little drum machine.

Comment

Working...
          X