Odd MIDI behaviour with Blue Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd MIDI behaviour with Blue Box

Hi all, just discovered a weird thing - I have a set up with an Octatrack as the main brain sequencing other synths, all running into a Blue Box. I experienced a weird stuttering effect on one of the BB inputs which I eventually realised has a particular midi note (F6) from the Octatrack that was muting that input on & off. I can work around it by changing that specific sequencer channel to a different midi channel, but my question is how would I disable such behaviour on the BB? All I want it to do is receive clock via the Octatrack - I should add that I'm using a midi controller via USB for controlling faders, sends etc. Any ideas?

I think Bluebox needs some midi filtering options.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRoid View Post
      Hi all, just discovered a weird thing - I have a set up with an Octatrack as the main brain sequencing other synths, all running into a Blue Box. I experienced a weird stuttering effect on one of the BB inputs which I eventually realised has a particular midi note (F6) from the Octatrack that was muting that input on & off. I can work around it by changing that specific sequencer channel to a different midi channel, but my question is how would I disable such behaviour on the BB? All I want it to do is receive clock via the Octatrack - I should add that I'm using a midi controller via USB for controlling faders, sends etc. Any ideas?
      Perhaps you could use the Midi "learn" function. Your Bluebox might have "learnt" to mute on that specific midi note. I would try to "learn" the Bluebox to mute on another midi command and thus "unlearning" the F6 note as mute. Hope this was helpful!

Comment

In LEARN mode, touch and hold an onscreen control to clear the current mapping.

Comment

Working...
        X