Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspirational ideas for 1010music team to improve bb

This TOPIC is dedicated to 1010music team:
    I am posting here 10 min of video where Ian Pooley ( a veteran of House music ) is showing the basic workflow used for classic house in a legendary GROOVE BOX, those simple things are missing in to the BB, feature that might not seem so important to whom is not in to house and techno but are crucial and a deal breaker for whom is in to those types of music.
    Another prove of this is Ricky Tinez ( he produce standard House and Techno ) which he was super exited for the BB in the beginning before having it, than if watching carefully while reviewing the BB, he many times complain the work flow lack of basics, now he is using BB just as a loop recorder which is a pity !

Here is the video , please guys ( Aaron ) check this out and get inspired it would make an enormous difference , highlights of the video are the note repeat (min 3:25) for overlaying which is extremely vital when live performing and the particular SWING of this unit that defined a whole music style, those performative basic tools would bring BB workflow in another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJv9nnnQHRs

thanx in advance and cross fingers those features will become real.

cheers

Thanks for sharing this video. I enjoyed it. The way he uses note repeat and pressure is pretty cool.

Let me share another recommendation: The Armin van Buuren Masterclass where he covers electronic music production is really fantastic. I watched all 6 hours of it. It does require a $200/year subscription last time I checked. But that is one of many classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Thanks for sharing this video. I enjoyed it. The way he uses note repeat and pressure is pretty cool.

Let me share another recommendation: The Armin van Buuren Masterclass where he covers electronic music production is really fantastic. I watched all 6 hours of it. It does require a $200/year subscription last time I checked. But that is one of many classes.
      Hi , thnx i ll check it even Armin is more edm than techno and house .

As an owner of several vintage groove boxes (which I love ) I think BlackBox has the potential to be the best ever , if only those simple performative tools would be implemented it would be huge!
      - note repeat from the pad page an arpeggiator too would be dope
      - mpc3000 type of swing
      - duplicate sequence so from 16 steps long the user can make it 128 long by just duplicating (classic 8 bar) so to avoid putting step by step a ripetitive sequence like 4 on the floor etc.

as BONUS would be dope a chord mode and an arpeggiator in the future but the previews 3 features are crucial for brad and butter techno e house really , also Loopop is an extensive 1010music user but he use and has a deep experience with some of the most exotic sequences also some of the most popular like Machine, Ableton , Akai , Elektron, Polyend etc and a lot of companies listen to his advice about workflow ( he is really clever logical person when it comes to gears and workflow ) may be he can do some good suggestions to improve BB performative side !

Tho i have a question for you Aaron as curiosity , is BB achieving the HQ mode of samples by oversampling ?
      Last edited by totalvoyage; 04-04-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

hello Aaron I will put here another inspirational video from the legendary Robert Hood ( in case you don't know him, he is one of the 5 persons responsible for the creation of a music genera called Detroit Techno ), so you can have a view how techno DJ/Producers use groove boxes live, it is completely different from eurorack random self generative thing , but there is space to implement for both users I think.

The video is 6 min long (at min 4:00) you can see what a techno Dj constantly do every 10 min (snare/HH/clap rolling and launching mental/psychedelic synth leads heavy effected with reverb it looks like nothing special but this fireup the audience always so is crucial performing tools) ,the Djs-1000 used in the video is no way near to BB capabilities if only you would implement the performative side of BB

here is the video:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuUj24xa_F4

Comment

Working...
        X