Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Filterfreak,

Let me try and address your concern by offering the best possible way to influence our future development.
    1. Please start a new thread focused specifically on the a single concern you want addressed. Be clear in your title. For example: "Input filtering on incoming MIDI" in the toolbox wishlist forum
    2. Explain the scenarios where this is important. What gear are you using? What alternatives are possible? etc.
    3. Try to consider the minimum acceptable feature set that gets the job done. The easier it is, the more likely it will happen
    4. See how the discussion unfolds and how many people participate
    When it comes time to do an update, we do scan the forums carefully. Requests in separate topics is easier to find. Requests that have lots of discussion and +1s get more attention. On the other hand, stuff buried in a long thread with other topics will likely be missed. Requests that only one or two people care about will get less attention.

I hope this helps. We do strive to make you happy and have an impossibly long request list to work toward.
    Hi Aaron.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a 1010Music Toolbox because, to be honest, it looks like the Euro sequencer of my dreams! For example, simple things like the software support for flipping the module 180degrees and your commitment to selling faceplates that are labelled in the 180degree orientation is very cool and something more manufacturers should do. However reading this thread has made me somewhat nervous. Is the Toolbox still supported? It looks like development for the 2.1 firmware is ongoing, should I move forward under that assumption? I am always happy to help beta test software, especially since Euro is my hobby and my income doesn't depend on it.

Many thanks,
    Nora

Comment

Originally posted by noracodes View Post

Hi Aaron.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a 1010Music Toolbox because, to be honest, it looks like the Euro sequencer of my dreams! For example, simple things like the software support for flipping the module 180degrees and your commitment to selling faceplates that are labelled in the 180degree orientation is very cool and something more manufacturers should do. However reading this thread has made me somewhat nervous. Is the Toolbox still supported? It looks like development for the 2.1 firmware is ongoing, should I move forward under that assumption? I am always happy to help beta test software, especially since Euro is my hobby and my income doesn't depend on it.

Many thanks,
      Nora
      As with any hardware, I strongly recommend that you make your purchasing decision based on what the hardware does now--not what might come in the future with an update. With toolbox in particular, I suggest you try a retailer that offers a return policy. See if toolbox suits your needs and return it if not.

Regarding the future of toolbox software, let me offer the following: Toolbox is now our oldest product available for sale. It was first introduced in 2017, which means it will soon turn 5 years old. I recommend that you consider Version 2.1 as the last major update to the firmware.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

As with any hardware, I strongly recommend that you make your purchasing decision based on what the hardware does now--not what might come in the future with an update. With toolbox in particular, I suggest you try a retailer that offers a return policy. See if toolbox suits your needs and return it if not.

Regarding the future of toolbox software, let me offer the following: Toolbox is now our oldest product available for sale. It was first introduced in 2017, which means it will soon turn 5 years old. I recommend that you consider Version 2.1 as the last major update to the firmware.

I hope this helps.
        Hi Aaron,

That absolutely makes sense. I didn't realize it was so old, given that the product page states that the Series 2 is a "new" hardware platform - but I guess that means new compared to Series 1? Either way, I will look into the Version 2.1 firmware and see if it meets my needs, thank you very much. Will a new manual be made available?

As a side note, given that it's an old product you're not looking to update, would you be open to releasing (if you have them) development tools for the S1 and S2 platforms? I'm sure the open source community could make some amazing things with hardware like this. Either way, thank you for responding!

All best,
        Nora
        Last edited by noracodes; 12-22-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I've voiced these same concerns here and on Muffwiggler, but since I never previously pulled the trigger on a 1010 product, I was happy to get the bitbox mk2 and I have already done some really fun things with it. I still don't get releasing a mk2 before the development runway of the mk1 is done. teatv app sbi hrms
          Last edited by kumar0raja; 05-05-2021, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X