Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox Micro - How can i remove my faceplate

Hi Guys,
    I want to airbrush my Bitbox Micro to BLACK. Don't feel like waiting until1010music is coming with a black version. I don't think they will anyway.....but i want it black, period!
    So today i tried to remove the faceplate but the touchscreen is attached to the print board and the face plate. And i don't see a small plug or so that can disconnect
    I don't wanna proceed until i know how the screen is connected to the print board. I don't wanna destroy the Bitbox Micro of course

Maybe it's just NOT possible to remove the faceplate without soldering and in that case i will buy a Bitbox MK2 because i'm sure that faceplate can be removed easy.

Any help is welcome.
    Thanks
    Mike

The most difficult part with the bitbox micro faceplate is the screen. It is attached to the front panel with high-stick tape. We haven't come up with a way to detach the screen from the front panel without damaging and in some cases destroying it. You can detach the front panel + screen from the unit without too much trouble. We don't have instructions on this operation however,

I know someone is working on a black decal to put on top of the micro. I don't have that information handy.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and a black panel enthusiast as well.
      I have made black panels for other modules and would be interested in trying to make a black overlay of some sort for the micro to help people (including my self) in need. Is there someone I can contact for exact measurements?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

I know someone is working on a black decal to put on top of the micro. I don't have that information handy.
        mine is for the BB, not the modular, but this same principle should work with a black overlay cut for the module's layout.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X