Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machine randomly turns off and on. Now screen doesn’t work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine randomly turns off and on. Now screen doesn’t work.

Hello,

I have two bit box samplers, one is slightly older, bought January 2019 and definitely been gigged a lot more. Both are mkii.

About a year after buying the sampler, I noticed that during a gig the machine shut down, and thus, turned my entire modular unit off with it. The machine quickly came back on with the rest of my gear and I finished the set. I took the unit out and checked it with no visible signs of damage. I changed the power to a different patch, and it seemed fine for a while, but would randomly turn off and on again.

I have read on the forum that people put this down to a lack of power for the machine to draw. Both my machines are housed in doepfer 6u cases. They both provide sufficient power for my modules, though I only ever experience issues with the older machine which has been gigged frequently.

I have attached photos of both modular cases. The machine in between maths and the make noise sequencer is the one which gives me issues.

Any ideas? I want to send this to 1010 for a service, but if anyone has successfully resolved this issue, please let me know. [email protected] zz0.pesmpq9nkxjzz

I also meant to say that today the machine frequently turning on and off. I then began playing a sample, a kick drum, and noticed that while it was playing the machine’s screen went dark, yet it continued to play the sample. I did cv into another sample, and it also played it. I turned the machine on and off and now the screen does now work zz0.7w8bwu2x44vzz

Comment

Please contact us directly for this type of support. use the contact form on our website.

The Mk2 wasn't for sale in January 2019. You likely have Mk1.

Comment

Working...
      X