Synthplex 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthplex 2019

Excited to see you guys at Synthplex! Any Special plans?

We certainly do have some special plans. But we aren't ready to share them yet. Stay tuned and please introduce yourself if you stop by the booth. We will have laserbox running so we should be easy to find.

Comment

Nice, I'll be at the Intellijel booth across the way! I'll come say hi!

Comment

Comment

Looks like a desktop Bitbox? Nice photo; juuuust dark and grainy enough to keep us speculating.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXa5u2SfoFo

Blackbox - looks great!

Looks like it combines Toolbox and Bitbox with some stereo FX. As an owner of both Toolbox and Bitbox I always felt like they could be combined so this makes tons of sense.

The things I am most interested in is the song mode and the longer sequence length (128 steps) compared to Toolbox (64). Will some of these features be ported to Toolbox in the future?

It doesn't appear to have CV out, so it looks like it is really focused on being a stand-alone sampling workstation/sequencer, which is really cool.

Anyone heard the price?

Comment

Originally posted by nohumans View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXa5u2SfoFo
            The things I am most interested in is the song mode and the longer sequence length (128 steps) compared to Toolbox (64). Will some of these features be ported to Toolbox in the future?

It doesn't appear to have CV out, so it looks like it is really focused on being a stand-alone sampling workstation/sequencer, which is really cool.
            Yes, you can expect many of the features of blackbox to make their way back to bitbox and toolbox. The increased step length will definitely happen. The improvements made to song mode can form the basis of chained sequences and other things you have all requested for long time.

Regarding CV, blackbox does have DC-coupled inputs and outputs. This opens the door for CV functions at a later date. Right now, it is is capable of CV sampling and playback.

Thanks for your interest. It has been a huge undertaking and it is so nice to see it nearing completion.

Comment

• nohumans
              nohumans commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome stuff, Aaron!

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Regarding CV, blackbox does have DC-coupled inputs and outputs. This opens the door for CV functions at a later date. Right now, it is is capable of CV sampling and playback.
            That's good to know! Automation of parameters via MIDI CC's will no doubt be a popular request.

Comment

Would love to see The Blackbox fx on bitbox. Is this possible on the current bitbox hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by LIquidyzer View Post
                Would love to see The Blackbox fx on bitbox. Is this possible on the current bitbox hardware?
                Effects are one thing that is not practical to port to bitbox. Blackbox uses a newer generation processor that can handle doing both sampling and effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Effects are one thing that is not practical to port to bitbox. Blackbox uses a newer generation processor that can handle doing both sampling and effects.
                  Take my money now!

Comment

Originally posted by Fess Grandiose View Post

Take my money now!
                    We are working as hard as we can to get them in the hands of dealers as soon as we can. We expect general availability in May, and should have a few more in the hands of select dealers before then. We will let you know when and where to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

We are working as hard as we can to get them in the hands of dealers as soon as we can. We expect general availability in May, and should have a few more in the hands of select dealers before then. We will let you know when and where to get them.
                      Thanks Christine! I was able to snag one of the early releases at Perfect Circuit. Really enjoying my first couple of days with this. Already looking to implement it into my live performance setup for a show in 2 weeks. Great job!

Click image for larger version  Name:	blackbox in my palm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	3954

Comment

Working...
                      X