Bitbox 2.9.9 not always sync'ing clips correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox 2.9.9 not always sync'ing clips correctly

Hello: I just updated to Firmware 2.9.9 and everything looks good but there is a problem with occasional wav files just not wanting to sync in clip mode.

For example, I have 8 files that are all exactly 16 seconds long. I am looping them at 120bpm control via MIDI from the Toolbox. I have played with the number of beats and the sync division and nothing seems to help. The problem is that 7 out of 8 will be fine, and one will be completely off, almost like it didn't take clip mode right.

Any thoughts?

Is it the same file? Where did you get these files? Did you create them?

Comment

What do you mean the same file? I have multiple clips that I made in Ableton, all of them are exactly 16 seconds long and exactly looped. All of them work except one of them, which I don't understand. All of them play in time except for this one file. But I did this exercise again with some other samples, all 8 seconds long, and I had the same problem. One file out of eight wouldn't track time correctly.

Comment

• Steve J
        Steve J commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean - is it the same file giving you trouble. Can you send them?

OK I think I found the problem. The file that isn't sync'ing is 36 second long and contains 72 beats. All the other files contain a power-of-2 multiple and are 32 beats long, 16 seconds. Here's what's happening:

https://youtu.be/9T39_CFCOcY

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Steve J
        Steve J commented
        Editing a comment
        The bitbox will do its best to sync your Clips given a few assumptions. Following the power of 2 -- and a 4/4 time signature are two of those assumptions.

• Steve J
        Steve J commented
        Editing a comment
        have you tried trimming the longer sample to match the shorter samples? Does that fix the issue with this particular sample?

Steve, I put 72 beats in the MISC section and now it's tracking the sample fine. Great work by you and Aaron and the team!

Comment

Working...
      X