Firmware 2.0.0 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware 2.0.0 Discussion

The new firmware can be found in the registered only section of the forum here:
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...itbox-2-0-beta

Look at the very bottom of the page.

Please post any bugs, comments, suggestions, etc. here.

Thank you very much

1010music Team

First of all... Thank you very much for working on the firmware! Even right after the NAMM (I guess this was demanding).

Comment

Fantastic work, Aaron and team! I'm really digging all of the little refinements, especially the autoplay feature...

I've gotta say I'm having an absolute blast making music with this update. This sampler is a beast!!

Here's a little run-through I did of all of the new features:

Comment

• pascalm
        pascalm commented
        Editing a comment
        very nice tutorial Dan, like the way you use slicer to choose different drum sounds

This sampler is really very intuitive now and easy to use - love it!

Just one question: Which input jacks are mapped to the EXT5-8 and how can I switch/enable them? Can't find it anywhere...

Comment

i think it should be like in 1.9.6, Aaron made a nice drawing there

Comment

Originally posted by dbeats View Post
          This sampler is really very intuitive now and easy to use - love it!

Just one question: Which input jacks are mapped to the EXT5-8 and how can I switch/enable them? Can't find it anywhere...
          dbeats, the drawing pascalm shared shows the mapping. You don't need to do anything to switch or enable them. They can function simultaneously as WAV file cells and EXT modulators. The other difference between them and EXT1-4 is that they cannot be used as Scene Triggers. You can use CV as the source or you can trigger them using MIDI. Here's the MIDI Note mapping:
          48 49 50 51 55
          44 45 46 47 54
          40 41 42 43 53
          36 37 38 39 52

EXT5=MIDI 51
          EXT6 = MIDI 47
          EXT7=MIDI 43
          EXT8=MIDI 39.

Comment

• dbeats
            dbeats commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much! I already read it on mw, sorry for the delayed response here!

Dan,

The new video is awesome. It really shows how to use the module--not just what it does. Thanks for sharing all your cool slicing tricks. I appreciate the effort.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Dan,

The new video is awesome. It really shows how to use the module--not just what it does. Thanks for sharing all your cool slicing tricks. I appreciate the effort.

Aaron
            My pleasure, Aaron! I'm glad to help.

Comment

I flipped the module UI as well as the module, and was getting regular reboots on recording and then playing a cell. I've rotated again and will continue testing. I can't say specifically what occurred at the times of crashes, other than it was after record/play cycle. The right way up location/UI seems more stable. I checked all connections which were well seated. Shall report back if I continue to get crashes/reboots.

Comment

Originally posted by sixnon View Post
                I flipped the module UI as well as the module, and was getting regular reboots on recording and then playing a cell. I've rotated again and will continue testing. I can't say specifically what occurred at the times of crashes, other than it was after record/play cycle. The right way up location/UI seems more stable. I checked all connections which were well seated. Shall report back if I continue to get crashes/reboots.
                Yes, please keep reporting your experience on this issue either way. This could be a very serious problem. I will try and recreate it here.

Thank you,

Aaron

Comment

Sixnon,

Please also try cleaning up the file system on your Mac or PC. On a Mac, this is in the Disk Utility application under the feature First Aid. I believe this is a right click "Clean Up" option on the drive in Windows Explorer.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Sixnon,

Please also try cleaning up the file system on your Mac or PC. On a Mac, this is in the Disk Utility application under the feature First Aid. I believe this is a right click "Clean Up" option on the drive in Windows Explorer.

Thank you
                    You mean on the Bitbox's sd card Aaron?

Comment

You mean on the Bitbox's sd card Aaron?
                      Yes, that's right. Sorry for the confusion. Let me know if the tools find anything wrong with the microSD card.

I have now run many recordings, including in upside down mode, without any crashing. I look forward to any clues you have to offer.

Thank you,

Aaron

Comment

No worries Aaron,

I've done that, with no errors showing. I did realise in the process that the card was full. Could this be the issue? It's also a card that I've been using between softwares on the same device, so there are symthbox and fxbox presets at the root of the card. Should they be removed?

I deleted some files to make some space, and then thought that perhaps I should have left it full to see if it crashes again in the right side up orientation. Done now, though. I'll keep at it in this orientation and if I have no crashes will invert it. I thought it may have been a hardware issue as well, that turning the module in the case might have put stress in a certain direction which did not show up prior?

It's in a Tip Top Mantis case with plenty of power headroom.

Comment

I've done that, with no errors showing. I did realise in the process that the card was full. Could this be the issue? It's also a card that I've been using between softwares on the same device, so there are symthbox and fxbox presets at the root of the card. Should they be removed?
                          Thanks for the response. Yes, running out of space is most likely the issue. We will investigate further. In the meantime, please avoid microSD cards that are full or nearly full.

The presets from the different boxes use different extensions. They are OK as is.

Thank you,

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                          X