Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan - many thanks for excellent video

Comment

Hi, after some days enjoying the new firmware I noticed that sometimes it takes me along time to adjust the start, length and loop points in large samples.
      What do you think about adding some kind of acceleration to the knobs so the cursor jumps bigger steps when you turn the knob faster and more sensitive when turning it slower?

I would also love to be able to select a modulation source for the Release time!
      Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by mkkgld View Post
        Hi, after some days enjoying the new firmware I noticed that sometimes it takes me along time to adjust the start, length and loop points in large samples.
        What do you think about adding some kind of acceleration to the knobs so the cursor jumps bigger steps when you turn the knob faster and more sensitive when turning it slower?
        Have you noticed that the sensitivity of the knobs tracks the zoom level? Zoom way out to make the biggest adjustments. Zoom in to make fine adjustments.

Let me know if this does not help.

Aaron

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          You could probably adjust this a bit so that when zoomed out, the knobs move the markers quicker. If you have a long sample and want to make it short, it can take forever to scroll it all the way to the beginning. I think about double the speed would be perfect.

Also, I'm still finding some of the parameters to be extremely touchy, and they aren't mapped evenly across the range of the knob, i.e the first parameter will be 30%, then the next is only 5%, and it's really hard to select it because it will jump to the next one.

• mkkgld
          mkkgld commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Aaron, I have tried what you suggested but I still find it really slow, it takes me a really long time to move the four markers on long samples.
          I would say that when zoomed out it should be at least five times faster than it is. I still believe that some kind of acceleration to the knob could be useful.

First, thank you for the update. I know you guys must have worked hard on it.

PROBLEMS I FOUND. (whether intentional or not)

1. When I load something into a slot the settings for the slot seem to all reset, and it is a pain to have to redo everything. The output of the slot resets, loop mode setting is reset so I have to choose toggle, trigger etc. all over again. I would think it only makes sense for whatever is loaded to take on the settings of the previous sounds loaded in, this is how it always was in the past. This has really ruined my workflow with the bitbox, and I will most likely need to revert back to an older firmware.

2. For the samples player, it would make sense to have a setting to select a quantized loop, an example of this would be how traktor lets you select the loop size. I like being able to scroll the knobs to set the length of the loop, but this can cause not such perfect loops. would be nice to be able to select a loop size and then move the knob to set where that perfect loop goes. For me the sample feature becomes unusable since you cannot grab perfect loops. Maybe I am confused and using the wrong mode? If I could just grab a loop out of the Clip view that would work out great. I don't like the Slice Mode so that is not an option, that is really only conducive to someone who wants multiple pieces of a clip to trigger with some other sequencer or something. I just want to grab a loop from a sample/clip. I suppose a feature to grab a loop in the Clip Mode would actually be more ideal since I am not sure how well the Sample Mode is syncing with everything else, does the sample sync in Sample Mode?

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post
          1. When I load something into a slot the settings for the slot seem to all reset, and it is a pain to have to redo everything. The output of the slot resets, loop mode setting is reset so I have to choose toggle, trigger etc. all over again. I would think it only makes sense for whatever is loaded to take on the settings of the previous sounds loaded in, this is how it always was in the past. This has really ruined my workflow with the bitbox, and I will most likely need to revert back to an older firmware.
          If you press on the filename in the waveform button and reload the sample that way, most of the parameters will be retained. Things like the cell mode, pitch, gain, modulations, etc. will remain. I did confirm that the loop points will be reset just to make sure that they fit into the newly loaded file. If you are seeing more parameters reset than that, please tell us more about how you are loading the waves.

Originally posted by monix View Post
          2. For the samples player, it would make sense to have a setting to select a quantized loop, an example of this would be how traktor lets you select the loop size. I like being able to scroll the knobs to set the length of the loop, but this can cause not such perfect loops. would be nice to be able to select a loop size and then move the knob to set where that perfect loop goes. For me the sample feature becomes unusable since you cannot grab perfect loops. Maybe I am confused and using the wrong mode? If I could just grab a loop out of the Clip view that would work out great. I don't like the Slice Mode so that is not an option, that is really only conducive to someone who wants multiple pieces of a clip to trigger with some other sequencer or something. I just want to grab a loop from a sample/clip. I suppose a feature to grab a loop in the Clip Mode would actually be more ideal since I am not sure how well the Sample Mode is syncing with everything else, does the sample sync in Sample Mode?
          I worked on Traktor so I can tell you that the quantized loop features are the result of the software analyzing the song and placing beat markers. Then, it can intelligently quantize as you describe. Bitbox lacks this functionality, so you are on your own to create good sounding loops. You could edit the files on your Mac/PC and create good sounding loops in the first place. Ableton is also a great tool for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            I worked on Traktor so I can tell you that the quantized loop features are the result of the software analyzing the song and placing beat markers. Then, it can intelligently quantize as you describe. Bitbox lacks this functionality, so you are on your own to create good sounding loops. You could edit the files on your Mac/PC and create good sounding loops in the first place. Ableton is also a great tool for this purpose.
            I get what you are saying. I don't necessarily mean the program needs to analyze the wav form, even if there was an option to set a loop length and we can move that loop length around and find that perfect loop. So if it was set to a 1/2 bar loop we could move that around and find the perfect half bar loop rather than not knowing at all the size of the loop we make.

I create all of my loops/samples using ableton, so they are perfect loops, but if i create a 1 bar loop, but would like to switch it to 1/2 bar its not simply done in the bitbox. I can appreciate if the technology is not there, but maybe it is a eature that could be added later? Or maybe you are saying that it is not at all possible to do?

Is the Sample Mode perfectly synced, the same way the Clip Mode is? I think I really need to be using Clip Mode versus Sample Mode, since I don't believe that the Sample Mode has the ability to quantize to like 1 bar. So I think I am still requesting the ability to be able to set a loop in Clip Mode. In Clip Mode isn't the track being analyzed so it is syncable and quantized? Wouldn't it make sense to be able to select a loop length in that mode?

Thank for listening to me, and I don't mean any disrespect with my questions and requests. I think you have made a great module and appreciate all the hardwork.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. There is no end to the things we could do. It is matter of finding the time and justification.

Sample mode is meant for notes and one shots and does not offer quantization. Clip mode is meant for Ableton style loops and does offer quantization. I now understand that what you are asking for a quantized start and length control in clip mode. Let me know if I have misunderstood. I do appreciate the discussion.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. There is no end to the things we could do. It is matter of finding the time and justification.

Sample mode is meant for notes and one shots and does not offer quantization. Clip mode is meant for Ableton style loops and does offer quantization. I now understand that what you are asking for a quantized start and length control in clip mode. Let me know if I have misunderstood. I do appreciate the discussion.
                Yes I think we are on the same page. Sample Mode isn't what I want to use now that I understand better.
                What you said about Clip Mode is what I am looking to use, and being able set a quantized loop and its length is what I am requesting.'

Again thank you for listening to me and my ideas/request.

Comment

Sorry If I am repeating myself here, but I am not sure If you have seen this answer. If you did please ignore this comment, I don't want to be persistence.

Have you noticed that the sensitivity of the knobs tracks the zoom level? Zoom way out to make the biggest adjustments. Zoom in to make fine adjustments.

Let me know if this does not help.
                  Thanks Aaron, I have tried what you suggested but I still find it really slow, it takes me a really long time to move the four markers on long samples.
                  I would say that when zoomed out it should be at least five times faster than it is. I still believe that some kind of acceleration to the knob could be useful

Comment

Originally posted by mkkgld View Post
                    I would say that when zoomed out it should be at least five times faster than it is. I still believe that some kind of acceleration to the knob could be useful
                    Message received. Thanks for checking

Comment

Hi guys ! wondering if I should get a buffered audio splitter to feed the bitbox during live shows (to have both original signals and the bitbox loops coming into the mixing console)... When monitoring is set to "ON", is the original incoming signal going through to the output or is there always AD and DA convertions going on ?

Comment

When monitoring is on, there is an AD to DA cycle on the input. For the cleanest possible results, use an external mixer to do the routing and monitoring.

Comment

Hi, i have a question for users. In midi mode, i saw previously that each cells gt is own note number. Is is velocity sensitive ? what are the list of parameter per cell that we can tweak ? (velcity, decay, pan, fx send ? , reverse sample, sample selection,... ? Which parameter can be modulated via cc ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Arkodd View Post
                            Hi, i have a question for users. In midi mode, i saw previously that each cells gt is own note number. Is is velocity sensitive ? what are the list of parameter per cell that we can tweak ? (velcity, decay, pan, fx send ? , reverse sample, sample selection,... ? Which parameter can be modulated via cc ?

Thank you
                            Hi Arkodd,
                            The available parameters vary based on the cell mode selected. I recommend you look at the user manual as it has the answers you are looking for and it’s too long to cover in a forum post.
                            Here’s a link to the manual:

Bitbox 2.0 Quick Start Guide Take a look at the Bitbox 2.0 Quick Start Guide for a brief overview of the basic functionality of the module. Bitbox 2.0 User’s Manual Read the Bitbox 2.0 User’s Manual to learn how to use all of the features of the module. Bitbox Firmware Bitbox, synthbox and fxbox owners …

Comment

hello, i just install the last firmware for a live act in two weeks. i will need to update all presets now.
                              but i already notice something i miss sorry !
                              when you play a clip with the launchmode in trigger, it doesn't loop (even if loop mode is on). It wasn't like that before right ? is it possible to re-enable this fonction please ? or maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
                              let me know !
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X