Adding slices with external software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding slices with external software?

Tried a search, but couldn't find anything, so ... is it possible to use external software (Reaper? Audacity?) to add slices that can be read by Bitbox?

Oivinidi,

Thanks for asking. As of version 2.0, there is no support of importing of slices from other applications.

You may have noticed that the preset files are stored in XML files. So, you could copy and paste sections or convert from another application with a little work. Ableton uses XML for their files as well. (I recall that you first need to switch the .ALS extension into .ZIP then unzip the file to see it.)

Comment

I would really really also like an option for selecting placement for slices, often I work with longer/bigger files where I want to add 30 - 100 slices and that can be fiddly and tiresome. If I use the scan option I'll end up with far to many slices I have to delete. Perhaps a option for threshold setting for the auto-slicing could help?

Comment

Another idea, if you could use one of the dials to navigate the sample and another to zoom in and out would make it much easier to plant many slices
        Last edited by Hirsbro; 02-26-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Ignore ignore
          Last edited by Hirsbro; 02-26-2018, 11:21 AM. Reason: some of the sugested change was already existing

Comment

Hi Hirsbro,

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Can you tell me little more about what you mean by "Perhaps a option for threshold setting for the auto-slicing"?

Thanks!
            Christine

Comment

He's talking about a setting that increases or reduces the amount of slices being detected. Propellerhead's Recycle has this, and you can start off at zero and drag the sensitivity slider to the right until a marker appears at each transient. It saves a lot of time having to delete extra slices if the detection is being too sensitive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	recycle.jpg Views:	2 Size:	384.2 KB ID:	1382

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                He's talking about a setting that increases or reduces the amount of slices being detected. Propellerhead's Recycle has this, and you can start off at zero and drag the sensitivity slider to the right until a marker appears at each transient. It saves a lot of time having to delete extra slices if the detection is being too sensitive.
                Yes exactly thanks for clarifying

Comment

Got it. Thanks! We will add to this wishlist.

Comment

Working...
                  X