X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox 2.9.9 feedback

We just released a new preview version of bitbox:
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...review-edition

How did it work for you? Please let us know.

Hi .
    First of all thanks fro the great beta version . loving the new features and the granular is fantastic . I have only played with it for 10 mins and seems pretty stable on Cv . but i'm just wondering on the main pad screen is there any plans to turn the velocity on the right hand side into C/v controlled velocity or have we lost the four jack sockets underneath the velocity ?

Comment

Hi again
      In recording mode with the level set at -3 and nothing connected to the inputs the noise floor meters read -38db BUT my noise floor on the outputs are normal with no extra noise level and if you attenuate the level knob you get a burst of noise . Still loving this version thou

Comment

Hi, thanks for the major update! On brief testing most seem to work fine, but I'm not getting clock in anymore? Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

Hi, I posted this in the support forum, but figured I'd mention it here too.
          I'm very excited about increased polyphony. In previous firmware versions I got a lot of clicks as it was only 4 note polyphony (I think). So, I'm certainly pleased that this is increased- however, I'm finding that I get a lot of distortion/bit crush type noise from samples after playing a certain number of notes. I've tried with many different samples and with low volume settings (in case it was a gain issue), but always the same problem. For instance, if I'm playing a piano note sample polyphonically, it plays fine for the first 8 or 9 notes, but then starts to distort like crazy after that.
          I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
          I noticed that I get the same kind of distortion when I'm using two different cells in granular mode as well. It seems like there are maybe just too many grains for it to process and it gets distorted and bit crushed.

Comment

• RONDMC
            RONDMC commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too here - polyphony is rendered useless now with clicks and pops - talking about 48kHz short drum samples here... sounds fine in monophonic mode, artefacts in poly. If I hit the same note several times each one sounds different in volume or how the decay fades out, some don´t produce a sound at all.

Also: sometimes when switching back to "Mono" it will play just every 2nd note, or play every 2nd note more quiet (in all the LaunchModes); or even just one of four notes. This behaviour changes sometimes when switching back and forth between the home screen and any edit screen.
            Edit: no difference between MIDI or the on-screen Keys

• RONDMC
            RONDMC commented
            Editing a comment
            Regarding the "play just every 2nd note" bug: I did get back to normal behaviour when changing the ADSR sustain back and forth...

Love having the filter. Thanks.

Will the pan window come back? I see pan can still be modulated when sending bitbox midi CC10 but now there’s no place to hook up cv controllers or multiple controllers to pan.

assigning midi controllers (modwheel in my use) to any sample position (start, end, lp start, lp end) is having no effect. External CV is working fine on POS parameters. Also, just a peculiarity, if i have EXT3 assigned to Sample Start with amount set to something, let's say 50% - it works as expected. If I change EXT3 to MODW and send bitbox modwheel info - nothing happens. But now if change modulator from MODW back to EXT 3, EXT 3 has no more effect even though mod amt is still set to 50%. I must set the modulator to 'NONE' and then back to 'EXT3' and reset the mod amount to regain control.

thanks for this exciting update. Folder packing is working. Thanks for this.
          Last edited by Thisoldhouz; 04-27-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
            Aaron commented
            Editing a comment
            Pan is now available in the Mix pane. I'm sorry that there it no longer a place to connect pan modulation.

If the pitch of a sample is set to anything other than 0.00 and if the Loop Mode is set to anything other than None - Enabling High Q setting on ADSR page will make all of bitbox's outputting audio turn to digital noizes.

Comment

Just to confirm, that the Bitbox 3.0 preview will work on the older Bitbox?

Comment

• Aaron
              Aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, that's right

Very exciting release! Amazing additions.

Like Final Lap Twin, I'm getting distortion at higher voice counts: if I have a sound with a long release, I start getting distortion at around the 10th or 11th voice.

I spent a little over an hour with the keys/grid options (with which I am overjoyed!), and here are some ideas:

- There needs to be a way to do an 'all notes off'; if you are using the keys/grid with a cell that is toggle+loop, it will sustain until you hit the key again. Get enough keys, and you'll have forgotten which ones you hit! Maybe this is no worse than if you were using a MIDI keyboard, but maybe that's a sign, too...

- I love the grid, and I love the keys. But it doesn't seem right that the grid is 'under' the keys - i.e., to get to the grid, you have to go to keys, then hit info. To get to the cell screen, you have to Home out of the grid to keys, then Home again to get to the cells. It seems like, when you go to keys, the Info button should just toggle between keys and grid, and hitting the Home key for either would jump you back to the cell screen.

- I really appreciate the way cell selection allows you to switch current cells when in key/grid mode. Winner!

- In grid mode, it seems weird that both right-hand controls change the key, but neither changes the scale (which you have to change by tapping the scale type and selecting from the list).

Amazing experience with this preview. Thanks for the amazing work!

[ddg]

Comment

Great release! But it's needed some explanations: what is the pack in presets? where I can find the modulations on pan?
              and
              Will be available in the 3rd ver the ADSR modulations? and is it possible to create the folders in presets: something like projects of files grouping in subfolders?

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but after installing, the internal clock just keeps running at its own speed and seems agnostic to the CLOCK IN input...

Comment

I'm also getting distortion when just triggering drum sounds regularly with CV too. I guess it just can't handle all the polyphony.
                  I'm going to have to revert back to the previous firmware for now, but look forward to the new firmware getting ironed out in time.

Comment

My first contribution to the 2.9.9 glitch list . Just getting started with a video about the new features so I may encounter some more.

LOAD FIRST PRESET
                    I started completely blank with just the BIN file. I created a new project, but I am only able to load it when I create a second. So the 'load' only enables when the knob can move between two or more things. So after a fresh create, 'load' must be enabled.

MIDI
                    Connecting the midi out from the ToolBox into the midi in breaks/resets the BitBox and it restarts when pressing 'play' on Toolbox and it continues to do so until you disconnect it. This is pretty serious because you'll lose your project. Tested the BeatStep Pro midi out, works fine. Very interesting!

PANNING
                    Samples can't be panned anymore (filter is now on that spot), which would have been great with the granular, and pretty important for drum kits. There's still an empty spot available at the Misc page. Granular is monophonic, would that be expanded on the Mk2?

Enough for today, that granulator is breathtaking.
                    Last edited by Cinematic; 04-28-2020, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• RONDMC
                      RONDMC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PANNING is now part of the mixer page as far as I see. Seems like CV controlling the pan is now impossible though...

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When you create a new preset, it is automatically loaded. The 'Load' button is grayed out because it is already loaded. This is just a visual indicator of the currently loaded preset. This is a feature - not a bug.

I will look at the MIDI/toolbox behavior for the break/reset behavior you describe. Thanks for this.

You can (and should) use the bitbox wishlist thread to request Pan to return to bitbox as before. No promises, of course. But that is the place we look for features, updates, etc.

Hi thanks for the major update, really happy to get thenew features, and there is good UI renew. I played for 2 or 3 hours without problems but then the module crashed, loosed my non saved modifications ( logic) and rebooted ... recrashed after 1 min’ and over and over. I tried to shut it down and restarted it but It didn’t Worked out’ I had to go back to 2.5.
                    will retry soon and let you know

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you can provide some specific details around what you were doing when it crashed, etc I would appreciate it. Thanks

Any perspective to get the "multisample" mode via CV/gate alternatively to MIDI in?

Comment

• micbecze
                      micbecze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would like to see this happen as well. I don't generally use Midi and i would love to be able to select from a bank of samples with CV.
                  Working...
                  X