Resample fears about running outs into ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resample fears about running outs into ins

I messed around today with creating a looping patch with an Amen Break loop and then some vocals and a bass sample. Two rows that had 3 samples each looping and toggling between the rows. It sounded pretty cool. Then I resampled output into another cell so I could get a loop of the whole thing. It worked well. The only thing was I was worried about a feedback loop causing damage to my BitBox so I made sure monitor was off on the cell I was resampling into. The whole thing worked well and I captured a sample into the cell that was looped perfectly.

My question is, do I have to worry about a feedback loop damaging my BitBox? For example, if I set this up again and plugged the "outs" into "ins" without first turning off monitoring accidentally. If I can blow the thing out I will not use this technique again. It was just something I had thought of doing and wanted to try it.

It would be a cool feature if you could select the output of the BitBox in a cell as the sample source internally so you did not have to patch the outs to the ins.

Comment

I'd be more worried about a feedback loop damaging your ears/speakers/headphones than bitbox. It would only take a second for you to figure out what was going on and get in there to change the settings/turn down the level, etc. Just be careful.

Comment

yeah... good point. I will just stick with my H1 for capturing patch samples.

Comment

Cell output > REC input selection is a great idea, though

Comment

I just asked Aaron about this. He agrees with Dan’s assessment that you are more likely to hurt your ears than the Bitbox. The recording will sound awful because you will peg the meter, but it shouldn’t hurt the module.

Comment

Yes, you are much more likely to blow out your speakers with a feedback loop. I did that once. The bitbox can handle it.

I like to do my loopback recording using the fx1/2 connected to in1/2, which avoids the feedback problem.

Internal recording would also be cool

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJumper View Post
                It would be a cool feature if you could select the output of the BitBox in a cell as the sample source internally so you did not have to patch the outs to the ins.
                +1 would love this together with trigger record option.

Comment

Originally posted by cityz3n View Post

+1 would love this together with trigger record option.
                  Came here to agree with this statement. Would need less noodles to resample (I have to unplug my current in to resample with my current patch which sucks.

also I play my modular rig next to my drum set— a trigger record would make it so I could hit a trigger pad to record a bar or so would also be great if you could set it to “count in” so I could hit the trigger and solo after say, being counted in for a bar. (Then I could slice up the beat for some crazy DNB playback and “trade fours” with it; ie the module playing four bars of beats and then muted while I play four bars live)

any word on whether or not this is a consideration in the future?

<3 you bitbox you’re becoming my best friend...

Comment

Working...
                  X