Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bitbox v3.0 update and differences mk1 to mk2 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitbox v3.0 update and differences mk1 to mk2 ????

thanks aron, the v3.0 update works great on my bitbox v1! But I have a question, how do I notice the differences to the bitbox MK2? audibly better granular synthesis?

For the most part, the mk2 will sound the same as the mk1. The biggest difference will be the amount of polyphony. For granular, you might only get a few voices total on mk1. On mk2, it will be 50-100% more.

Here are some other differences:
    • mk2 has the new HighQ interpolation mode introduced on the blackbox
    • mk2 has reverb and delay

Comment

Aaron,
      I noticed this from the mk2 page: "Inputs and outputs are DC coupled so you can record and play out CV signals"
      This is different from the mk1 where the stereo input was not DC coupled, right? Would this then make the bitbox mk2 compatible with basic features from toolbox mk1?

Comment

Originally posted by rayultine View Post
        Aaron,
        I noticed this from the mk2 page: "Inputs and outputs are DC coupled so you can record and play out CV signals"
        This is different from the mk1 where the stereo input was not DC coupled, right? Would this then make the bitbox mk2 compatible with basic features from toolbox mk1?
        Yes, that is basically correct. The mk2 can record DC signals including all kinds of CV. Keep in mind that mk1 and mk2 both have DC coupled outputs.

Comment

Thanks again Aaron.
          Say, is there a tentative release date yet?

Comment

The factory is finalizing the bitbox micro and mk2 this week. We hope to receive first shipments next week and have them in your hands a few days later. The exact date will depend on where you shop and how long it will take to get it to you. We are giving preference to those retailers who are currently running preorders.

Comment

whoa that's awesome news.

Comment

Hi Aaron, is everything going according to plan with the new modules?

Comment

I am sorry to say there has been a one week delay. We now expect the modules here in Los Angeles early next week (June 15th). Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Is this the week we've all been waiting for? Hoping the bitbox might arrive on my birthday (23rd) heeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

We are on track to ship the modules to dealers by the end of this week (June 19th). You may have yours by your birthday depending on how fast your dealer can turn it around and ship it to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X