Is there a way to reset the clock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to reset the clock?

Hi, first I want to thank you for this amazing and inspiring module! I´ve been waiting for something like this for a while, and I am exited to try the 1.3 firmware with all the new features.

I am trying to find the way to reset the clock so it runs synced with my other gear...
    How I should do it?

Thanks!

Reset the measure counter by powering down the module or stopping the clock input for a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
      Reset the measure counter by powering down the module or stopping the clock input for a few seconds.
      Thanks for answering Christine.
      I have already realized about that but I can´t find the way use it properly.
      My clock is always running and I need to sync the Bitbox clock when I press the main reset button that resets all my other sequencers ( er-101, Knit rider, mfb seq-01 pro, and Acid Stepper), all of them have a reset input...

Is there something I am missing?

If not could you please add this in the future... I don´t care to change the in1 or the in2 for this...

Comment

There's a write up about "Synchronizing Playback with Slicing, CV Modulators and Clocks" in the User Manual. It starts on P. 10. Check it out and see if that helps.

Comment

I tend to use the midi input most of the time, which resets the clock when stopping/starting the sequencer.

Just looking through the manual now, there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the clock with CV, though?

Mkkgld, you should start a "clock reset" thread in the wishlist forum, so it can be added to the modulation parameters.

Comment

mkkgid,

You aren't missing anything. We don't currently offer an analog way to reset the clock besides stopping and restarting the clock pulses. We will keep your request in mind.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              mkkgid,

You aren't missing anything. We don't currently offer an analog way to reset the clock besides stopping and restarting the clock pulses. We will keep your request in mind.

Thank you very much.
              Great to know that you will keep it in mind! Nowadays I find it imposible to sync clips with my rig. Besides that I am loving the module so far. I have a few requests that I will post in the wishlist for further firmwares.

Thank YOU

Comment

Hi,

i would like to sync a piano loop to a ER101 sequence, so the loop need a proper reset in this situation. So, it's actually not possible to do that right ?
                Same idea with a drums loop + varigate 8, the drum loop is in sync but not at the good place in time... it need a good reset too...

Comment

• Christine
                  Christine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mDang,
                  You are correct. That is not currently possible. We will keep this request in mind when working on further refinements to bitbox.
                  Thank you for your feedback.

• mDang
                  mDang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ok ! thank you, i really hope to have this soon ! cheers !

In the latest firmware is there any update with this issue?
                Thanks

Comment

So I found out that if I send a gate pulse to the midi in sometimes it actually resets the clock
                  Is this an intentional behavior?
                  Sadly is not working always, looks like it has to run for some bars before it can be reseted.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mkkgld View Post
                    So I found out that if I send a gate pulse to the midi in sometimes it actually resets the clock
                    Is this an intentional behavior?
                    I'm surprised that works. No it is not intentional. Thanks for keeping this issue alive.

Comment

Settings to determine clock behaviour, perhaps? For example, automatically stop everything the moment it doesn't receive clock, PPQN settings, clip behaviour when clock stops etc.

Comment

You can get around it, if you have modules like PNW (pamelas new workout). Allows you to change length of clip on the fly too. Make sure both PNW and bitbox are getting synced though.

1: Set clip to gate, not toggle
                        2: Put quantisation to 1/16th, set sync to 1/16th (it won't sync without quantisation)
                        3: Set a pulse from PNW to whatever length you want the clip to loop at eg. every 2 bars - shorter the pulse, shorter the clip will loop
                        4: Set width of that pulse to 99%
                        4: The clip will play when you press start, and will stop when you press stop.

Comment

Any way to dual-use the MIDI Input port for other functions hardware wise? Would be interesting if you could set MIDI/CV in settings, and the MIDI IN would then be the Master Clock Reset (also think should be Clocking Indications in top bar near clock, would be cool if tempo was displayed as well for reference.).

Comment

This strangely bothers me too. It's weird that when I press stop and start on a midi sequencer the clock starts over at 1:1:1 but otherwise it just clicks off the beats into the thousands...
                            I wonder if we aren't just talking about a clock length setting, and perhaps a reset feature. I would like this for both midi as well as other types of clocks sent in from gate pulses or other sources.
                            So we could set a length of 4 bars, and 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 it would count for us to help everyone be more oriented?
                            And if it were a loop setting then people who want an endless clock might be able to turn it off and enjoy their thousands of bars?

Comment

Working...
                            X