Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic Mode - CV to Slice Assignment

Hi Aaron
    I was hoping you might be able to elaborate a bit on the assignment of CV to Slice in Atomic mode. I realize in the basic sense, the slices would be assigned voltage 1-10v. In the case that there are say, 50 slices in one files, how is this voltage assignment spread throughout the file and how does using the left hand dial which seems to scroll through slices 1,2,3,4.....18... effect this CV to slice assignment?
    Thanks!

Here is the relevant blurb from the manual:

"The CV Modulator input will select which slice of the clip in the destination cell will play. The voltage range from 0 to +5 volts is mapped to slices in such a way that one semitone of voltage corresponds to one slice. For example, 0 volts maps to slice 1, and 1 volt maps to slice 13. Negative voltage values will be ignored. This setting takes effect immediately and will change currently playing notes. This setting only applies to Atomic Mode."

Neuron has the right idea: It is one semitone per slice using the standard 1V/Octave range. The hardware only goes up to 5V, so you are looking at 60 possible slices. In the case where there are less than 60 slices, the slices repeat. For example, if there are 4 slices, they will map across the keyboard as 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Neuron and Aaron. Could you touch on the role that the knob plays, which scrolls through the various slices in numerical order?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
        Could you touch on the role that the knob plays, which scrolls through the various slices in numerical order?
        Thanks!
        It's for selecting which slice is active when Atomic mode is turned on. Say you have a drum break, but you only want to use one of the snares in it, you select that slice to play back when the cell is triggered. I also find it handy for auditioning slices in combination with the play button.

Comment

Working...
        X