X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igor Berlin
    started a topic Syncing & Latency

Syncing & Latency

Hey, just got a BitBox and quite like it. There are some things, which don't seem to be working for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    First and most important thing for me: I want to take a Loop, let's say 8 Bars of Shakers, and load it into the BitBox and have it play in timing with the rest of the modular. My BitBox is doing strange things when trying to sync loops.
    The other thing is, that when I want to use it as a Looper. Lets say I record a Drumbeat with it. As soon as it starts looping after the recording is over, its a few milliseconds behind. Why doesn't the BitBox compensate its own latency? Surely this wouldn't be too hard to do, as you know the latency of the module and only have to move the sample forward by that amount after recording is done. Am I wrong in assuming this?

• Shledge
    replied
    I noticed this just after updating to 2.2.4 - I swear this wasn't an issue before. :S

The delay is around 5-6ms, and I need to put a slice after that gap in order to compensate. If there was a start/end time in clip mode, similar what is in sample mode, this would completely solve the issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    For me its also a Delay with 5ms. I use the analog clock and trigs. On my cirklon i can basicly shift all CV outs same. All other cv synths are in Time.
    Is the analog clock, the trigs or booth causing this delay? If it is only the clock I can maybe find a solution.
    Good that i will get the midi adapter, i will the use the 1 Midi Port from the Cirklon, where i can shift it right.

best Dirk

Leave a comment:

• dr.snuggles
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Yes, I would still like a sample WAV file from anyone who cares to share one.. Supporting embedded loop points is worth doing--it's just a matter of when. Thank you for the help.
    Hi Aaron,

Here's a drumloop with embedded marker points created in Soundforge. https://ufile.io/a6be6

Have you thought about .rex support? .rex is really the way to go for loops these days, lots of professional libraries uses it. Loop points in .wav's is far more rare to see embedded for commercial sample libraries, but i stumble upon them once in a while.

But i do understand the concern is also user created content (users needs Recycle to create .rex files) vs commercial libraries. Loop points/markers you can set in most programs that handles .wav's i believe.

Both would of course be best. I am not a programmer so i don't know if we are talking months or hours of doing something like that though.

Thanks for looking into .wav loop points though, it's much needed imo.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Yes, I would still like a sample WAV file from anyone who cares to share one.. Supporting embedded loop points is worth doing--it's just a matter of when. Thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• vantablack
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Spacey View Post
    Nah it's cool... I'm sticking mine on Ebay
    maybe you could provide it anyway so it can help the rest of us?

Leave a comment:

• Sam Spacey
    replied
    Nah it's cool... I'm sticking mine on Ebay

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Sam,

I am sorry that we are not moving as fast as you would like. If you are asking for a feature enhancement to support embedded loop points, then please bear with us as we have many competing priorities on developing new products and firmware. If there is something else I am missing, please let me know.

Thank you for your support.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Spacey
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post

There are lots of different topics mentioned above. I would appreciate a few WAV file examples with embedded loop points. Thank you very much.
    That was 2 months ago, 2 months.....

Sure I'll dig out a .wav with embedded loop points from my last Kontakt Player library I made. Will do in morning...

Leave a comment:

• Votron
    replied
    Originally posted by Votron View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I just made some loops and loaded them up for the first time. When I had about five loops playing bitbox started dropping sound then when i played six it wouldn't produce any sound. This is the case both when I'm clocking externally analog and when I'm using the internal clock.
    This was remedied by making sure all my samples were at 48 . I had them at 96. Bringing them down to 48 fixed everything.

Leave a comment:

• Votron
    replied
    I'm having the same problem. I just made some loops and loaded them up for the first time. When I had about five loops playing bitbox started dropping sound then when i played six it wouldn't produce any sound. This is the case both when I'm clocking externally analog and when I'm using the internal clock.
    Last edited by Votron; 09-26-2018, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Spacey View Post
    Nice to see this getting the attention it deserves...oh wait.....
    There are lots of different topics mentioned above. I would appreciate a few WAV file examples with embedded loop points. Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Spacey
    replied
    Nice to see this getting the attention it deserves...oh wait.....

Leave a comment:

• Sam Spacey
    replied
    Originally posted by Shledge View Post
    I'm able to record loops with MIDI clock and they sync fine without any noticeable latency - maybe the analogue clock is the cause? It doesn't reset in the same manner MIDI clock does.
    What I meant was ... the ability to load a sample onto the SD card that has already had its loop points set (Kontakt, Halion and most soft samplers can extract the embedded loop points) then Bitbox Loop points would automatically be set to those points if present.

The thing is, most already looped samples will have the crossfade parts added to the .wav by the looping software they used. Having Bitbox use these loop points would make for perfectly looped samples. Having finished my last sample library for Kontakt Player I personally have a library of over 60,000 looped/crossfaded samples of a huge set of analog waveforms....would be happy to share some sets with the group....but would be pointless without the loop points being read from the samples.

Aaron, if you want me to email you a set of looped (in Soundforge) .wav's to test let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the information. It enables us to try and reproduce the problem and then fix it. More to come.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X