Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monix
    replied
    This new software has completely ruined the module for me as now there is no workaround where I can dim the screen and get it to stop flickering. This is like a bad nightmare. lol. Thank goodness we can easily revert back to old firmware. If you can't fix the flickering issue please don't remove the dimming feature. What you should do is make it so when the screen brightness is set it stays there every time. It sucks that the screen flickers, what sucks, even more, is that the brightness level that is set needs to be adjusted every single time I restart my rig. I really wish this thing worked well, fingers crossed it will get better.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

I am at a loss to explain how old firmware works but version 2.1.3 doesn't. We removed the problematic screen dimming feature that first appeared in version 2.0. Do you have any other clues?

If not, please contact us for a replacement using the web form on our website. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by monix View Post
    Nope, this still did not fix the problem.
    I am at a loss to explain how old firmware works but version 2.1.3 doesn't. We removed the problematic screen dimming feature that first appeared in version 2.0. Do you have any other clues?

If not, please contact us for a replacement using the web form on our website. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• monix
    replied
    Nope, this still did not fix the problem.

Please try version 2.1.3 to see if this resolves the problem:
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...box-2-1-3-beta

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Please try version 2.1.3 to see if this resolves the problem:
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...box-2-1-3-beta

Leave a comment:

• monix
    replied
    Originally posted by Christine View Post

Monix- there are a couple of other things we should rule out. Could it be the microSD card? Did you use a different card when the flickering happened? If so, please try putting bitbox on a known good microSD card and let’s see what happens.
    Could it be related to your presets or samples? Would you please try running the newest Bitbox with the clean factory presets and content, none of your content?

Those two tests will help us narrow it down.
    Thanks!

Did everything you suggested. The only way there is no flickering is if I revert back to an older firmware.

Leave a comment:

• wickfut
    replied
    as soon as I updated from 2.0 to 2.1.0 I noticed the backlight PWM strobing which wasn't there previously.

Leave a comment:

• staticcharge
    replied
    Originally posted by PCBsmell View Post
    Hope this can help...

1. What power supply are you using for your rack?---Tip Top Audio Uzeus
    2. What other modules do you have that are hooked up to the same power supply?----- Batumi, Clouds, Shelves. None patched to Bitbox.
    3. Which format of power is the ultimate source for your rack? This depends on which country you are in. For example, the US uses 110 Volts and 60 cycles, while Europe uses between 220 and 240 volts. (This probably won't matter because the rack power supply should even it out. But I've learned to question everything.)---- 110V
    4. How old is your module?---- Brand new.
    5. When does it happen? Right away? After it's been on for a while? ---- Right away.
    6. Which module does it happen with? Toolbox? Bitbox?----Bitbox.
    7. If it's series 1, what is your serial number? (For Series 2 we only have one batch so it won't matter.)---- Series 1-2? no idea. Serial Bitbox #0010001299.
    8. Did you buy the module new or used?---- New.
    9. Where did you buy your module?---- Moog Audio, Montréal.

As posted before, I found a simple workaround fiddling with Screen Brightness Settings.
    Firmware 2.0

Have you tried re-seating the ribbon cables, try both?

Tiptop PSU setups have a floating 0v reference. If you can ground you case rails or 0v power rail to mains supply earth this could be your fix. The mains earth to the 0v rail simply grounds your 0v and makes the 0v consistent. Most ICs in your modules use a +/-12v as well as 0v for the reference. If you have a float 0v reference you may get 0v +/- 5% because the Tiptop PSU isn't earthed, ie the PSU just uses a two pin plug.
    You will also find your system will work differently once the modification is done, for the better.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Good Call. Rolled it back and no issue. Ran it for about 2 hours today with no issues or flickering! Left it on for a total for about 6 hours or so while I went out and there is still no flickering. So this can be confirmed as a firmware issue.
    Monix- there are a couple of other things we should rule out. Could it be the microSD card? Did you use a different card when the flickering happened? If so, please try putting bitbox on a known good microSD card and let’s see what happens.
    Could it be related to your presets or samples? Would you please try running the newest Bitbox with the clean factory presets and content, none of your content?

Those two tests will help us narrow it down.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the information. Its hard to fix something we can't repro. :-( At least this is more information.
    Can you please confirm which firmware version has the problem? Also, what is your serial number? That will tell us which generation of hardware you have. I apologize if you've shared this before.

• monix
    replied

If you are seeing flickering no one else is seeing, it is probably a hardware issue. If you are unable to avoid flickering at 100% brightness, please contact us directly for next steps using the Contact Us page on the website.

Sorry for the hassle.
    There are others having the issue, they commented in this thread. I am not the only one. Please reread the entire thread to see that others are having this issue and it is now a confirmed firmware issue, see below.

Originally posted by Christine View Post

There is one way to further confirm whether it is a firmware issue. You could roll back to an older version of bitbox or try running synthbox or fxbox and see if you still have the same issue. If it goes away, we will have more reason to believe it is a firmware issue. If it continues, it is most likely a hardware problem that has emerged with usage/wear and tear. That will help us understand how to proceed to help you.

Thanks,
    Christine
    Good Call. Rolled it back and no issue. Ran it for about 2 hours today with no issues or flickering! Left it on for a total for about 6 hours or so while I went out and there is still no flickering. So this can be confirmed as a firmware issue.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Since this is the first time it is happening I am assuming it is a firmware issue.
    There is one way to further confirm whether it is a firmware issue. You could roll back to an older version of bitbox or try running synthbox or fxbox and see if you still have the same issue. If it goes away, we will have more reason to believe it is a firmware issue. If it continues, it is most likely a hardware problem that has emerged with usage/wear and tear. That will help us understand how to proceed to help you.

Thanks,
    Christine

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the information. We will compare it to what others report and see if we can find a trend. We just don't see it here and it's hard to fix something you can't repro.

• PCBsmell
    replied
    Hope this can help...

1. What power supply are you using for your rack?---Tip Top Audio Uzeus
    2. What other modules do you have that are hooked up to the same power supply?----- Batumi, Clouds, Shelves. None patched to Bitbox.
    3. Which format of power is the ultimate source for your rack? This depends on which country you are in. For example, the US uses 110 Volts and 60 cycles, while Europe uses between 220 and 240 volts. (This probably won't matter because the rack power supply should even it out. But I've learned to question everything.)---- 110V
    4. How old is your module?---- Brand new.
    5. When does it happen? Right away? After it's been on for a while? ---- Right away.
    6. Which module does it happen with? Toolbox? Bitbox?----Bitbox.
    7. If it's series 1, what is your serial number? (For Series 2 we only have one batch so it won't matter.)---- Series 1-2? no idea. Serial Bitbox #0010001299.
    8. Did you buy the module new or used?---- New.
    9. Where did you buy your module?---- Moog Audio, Montréal.

As posted before, I found a simple workaround fiddling with Screen Brightness Settings.
    Firmware 2.0

Last edited by PCBsmell; 07-26-2018, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    At this point after about 30 minutes the module is useless. This happens with no other modules plugged in and drawing power, so its definitely not a power issue. Since this is the first time it is happening I am assuming it is a firmware issue.
    If you are seeing flickering no one else is seeing, it is probably a hardware issue. If you are unable to avoid flickering at 100% brightness, please contact us directly for next steps using the Contact Us page on the website.

Sorry for the hassle.

Leave a comment:

• monix
    replied
    Monix, if I understand you correctly, 100% brightness is a workaround for the problem. Is that right? I am not able to duplicate your issue here, I am afraid.
    no, reducing the brightness to 40% is the workaround. But it doesn't seem to fix the issue, it only fixes it for a little bit of time. The member above named Fsuchs recommended to try that and it works for a little while. But eventually it will begin to flicker at 40%, so you need to keep reducing it. At this point after about 30 minutes the module is useless. This happens with no other modules plugged in and drawing power, so its definitely not a power issue. Since this is the first time it is happening I am assuming it is a firmware issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X