No announcement yet.

Screen keeps flickering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as soon as I updated from 2.0 to 2.1.0 I noticed the backlight PWM strobing which wasn't there previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Monix- there are a couple of other things we should rule out. Could it be the microSD card? Did you use a different card when the flickering happened? If so, please try putting bitbox on a known good microSD card and let’s see what happens.
      Could it be related to your presets or samples? Would you please try running the newest Bitbox with the clean factory presets and content, none of your content?

Those two tests will help us narrow it down.
      Thanks!

Did everything you suggested. The only way there is no flickering is if I revert back to an older firmware.

Comment

Please try version 2.1.3 to see if this resolves the problem:
        https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...box-2-1-3-beta

Comment

Nope, this still did not fix the problem.

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Please try version 2.1.3 to see if this resolves the problem:
          https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...box-2-1-3-beta

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post
            Nope, this still did not fix the problem.
            I am at a loss to explain how old firmware works but version 2.1.3 doesn't. We removed the problematic screen dimming feature that first appeared in version 2.0. Do you have any other clues?

If not, please contact us for a replacement using the web form on our website. Thank you.

Comment

This new software has completely ruined the module for me as now there is no workaround where I can dim the screen and get it to stop flickering. This is like a bad nightmare. lol. Thank goodness we can easily revert back to old firmware. If you can't fix the flickering issue please don't remove the dimming feature. What you should do is make it so when the screen brightness is set it stays there every time. It sucks that the screen flickers, what sucks, even more, is that the brightness level that is set needs to be adjusted every single time I restart my rig. I really wish this thing worked well, fingers crossed it will get better.

I am at a loss to explain how old firmware works but version 2.1.3 doesn't. We removed the problematic screen dimming feature that first appeared in version 2.0. Do you have any other clues?

If not, please contact us for a replacement using the web form on our website. Thank you.

Comment

... This is like a bad nightmare. lol. ...
                Monix, at this point it sounds like a hardware problem and not a firmware issue. Please contact us via email to arrange for a repair. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thank you Aaron. I will try and set something up in like a month or 2 to send it in, I just have some gigs now, so will need to wait till I know I can be without it. How long does the repairs normally take?

Can you keep the screen brightness adjust mentioned in there in future releases? Also anyway to make it so those settings are saved? Or maybe there is a way I can edit the code in the firmware file so the brightness is always at 40%...?

Thanks again!

Comment

We usually turn around repairs in less than two days--unless we are on the road at a trade show. Shipping takes the most time.

If you really need the brightness control, please roll back to 2.1.1. I don't see us adding it back anytime soon. There were a number of problems with high pitched noise that we don't want to revisit.

Thank you.

Comment

We usually turn around repairs in less than two days--unless we are on the road at a trade show. Shipping takes the most time.

If you really need the brightness control, please roll back to 2.1.1. I don't see us adding it back anytime soon. There were a number of problems with high pitched noise that we don't want to revisit.

Thank you.
                      So the flickering has seemed to have stopped. No clue why. I haven't done anything differently, but It has been on for 8+ hours now with no flickering.

Comment

So the flickering has seemed to have stopped. No clue why. I haven't done anything differently, but It has been on for 8+ hours now with no flickering.
                        I'm glad to hear the problems have stopped. I wish we had a more concrete explanation. Please keep us informed.

Comment

I'm glad to hear the problems have stopped. I wish we had a more concrete explanation. Please keep us informed.
                          I wish I had some reasoning why it has stopped but I don't have a clue. Only thing I have changed in my case was adding in the Erica Synths Drum Sequencer... Not sure if that has somehow caused something bus related to happen? All of their drum modules can work off an internal bus, could that affect something? Honestly, I don't care why it is back to not flickering, just happy that it's in working order again!

Comment

Here's mine going nuts. Bought it less than a week ago from Thomann. https://vimeo.com/294927618/18bee6ec4d

Comment

Originally posted by reluct View Post
                              Here's mine going nuts. Bought it less than a week ago from Thomann. https://vimeo.com/294927618/18bee6ec4d
                              That's what mine was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by reluct View Post
                                That's crazy. Can you please check your power supply? Is the 12V supply holding steady? If you remove other modules does the problem go away?

Thank you.

Comment

• reluct
                                  reluct commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I'm using a mdlrcase.com power supply. https://www.mdlrcase.com/product/mdlrcase-mdlr-pwr/ I have two, so I tried both. With modules and without. Still the same problem. Then I tried an old Doepfer case and it doesn't flicker. Is there anything I can try with de mdlr supply? It was rather expensive, so I'm hoping I don't need to replace one. EDIT The Doepfer is flickering now too. It just takes longer to start...
                                  Last edited by reluct; 10-14-2018, 01:26 PM.
                              Working...
                              X