Black panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeFuture View Post
    I'm learning Eagle CAD now so I can try to layout a PCB panel that would certainly be cheaper.
    Let me know if you make a CAD drawing. There are also some other alternative we could there is a CAD drawing of the faceplate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      I ordered one and will let you know how it turns out.
      Wow - thanks Aaron!

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post

Let me know if you make a CAD drawing. There are also some other alternative we could there is a CAD drawing of the faceplate.
        Do you know of any good free CAD programs that let you specify board dimensions bigger than 100mm x 100mm?

Comment

Hi Aaron. I'm curious if the black panel arrived yet and how it worked?

Comment

Looks good. I also double checked the screen cutout with another blank panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	3052

Comment

Wow! It looks great! I’ll order one right away. Thanks so much for checking it out!

Comment

Where can I get this black panel?

Comment

You can use the design file in the post above and order from FrontPanelExpress.com. If we could get 10+ to order then we can get a 10% discount, otherwise they’re about $70 apiece.

I suspect they might also have a Black Friday deal coming up, so it might be worthwhile to wait until then before ordering.

Comment

Thanks!

I have 2 bitboxes so will have to save some money first.............

​​​​​​​

Comment

I have converted the file you made to a file that can be used for printing and cutting PCBs. We can get them for super cheap. It's like $30 for 5.

Comment

I have converted the file you made to a file that can be used for printing and cutting PCBs. We can get them for super cheap. It's like $30 for 5.
                        I'm interested in getting a bunch of these!

Comment

Sweet. I’ve ordered the aluminum panel. Looking forward to seeing how the PCB panels come out.

Comment

Sketched a layout for my fantasy black panel. I like screenprinting better than anodising.

Comment

Definitely would purchase a black faceplate (~$30 like Mutable Instruments/Make Noise alternatives). Meanwhile, will check some of the other resources mentioned here. Aesthetics do matter. Not as much as sound and function, of course, but they at least can't be ignored.

Scott

Comment

Where are these available? There is obviously interest here in this thread for a total of at least a dozen I'd guess.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X