No announcement yet.

Bitbox 2.2.3 Beta Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it's not installing the new firmware to bitbox, it still stays on 2.1.3 am I missing something?

Comment

• pascalm
      pascalm commented
      Editing a comment
      pushing home+info while powering up?

• Aaron
      Aaron commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you are not downloading or installing correctly. Please double check the instructions.

thanks so much Aaron!

Comment

I LOVE this update.. makes me wanting to get yet another bitbox

Comment

Thanks for green mute screen. Can we sequence it? Simple 16 step on or off. Tempo synced with time divisions.

Comment

• Christine
          Christine commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure. Toolbox is great for that. :-)

Thanks for this!

Comment

How do you set the compressor to stay off? Every time the bitbox restarts it seems to keep reverting back to the compressor being on.

Comment

Deleted need to check the manual
            Last edited by Hirsbro; 12-27-2018, 11:02 AM. Reason: Think I gonna RTM once more

Comment

Oki after I've consulted the manual, I think I have encountered something. I cant make velocity, modweel or anything MIDI modulate slice selection which would be so cool and I believe is intended. Same goes for pitch, I can make velocity modulate level but nothing els, not gone through all combinations. I have removed VEL from level, was speculating that if it (velocity) was assigned to something already it would be "occupied" by that job ant not able to modulate anything else but removing it from level made no difference. The CV inputs works fine on the other hand, but I want to use the MIDI option.
              Another thing, in the "slice window" not where you de3fine the slices but where you can assign SEQ and so on, there is always 16 slices no matter how many slices the sample is cut to, it can be more or less than 16 but I can only (and always) select between 1 and 16.

Comment

• Christine
                Christine commented
                Editing a comment
                I will talk to Aaron about the MIDI modulators.

I think I can repro what you are saying about the "slice window". Are these the correct repro steps?
                1. Create a slicer cell with fewer or more than 16 slices.
                2. Press info until you get to the parameters page with the Slice parameter.
                3. Use the knob to select a value for the Slice parameter.
                Expected results: The options for the Slice parameter should match the number of slices available in the cell.
                Actual results: The number of Slices allowed is always 16. So if I have more than 16 slices, I can't get to the additional slices. If I have fewer than 16 slices, I can select an option that doesn't map to an available slice.

Got it figured out, thanks so much!

Comment

Was mentioned already, and I can confirm, that the compressor setting is not saved. It always goes back to ‘on’ after a restart.

Comment

Hmmm, it seems a bit random what settings are remembered between reboots. I just powered on and now the compressor was set to off, but the GlobalMIDI setting was back to 10, while I set it to None before the reboot.

Comment

I just tried the compressor setting as was able to get it to stay off after cycling the power. Keep in mind the settings are saved on the micro SD card and it may take up to 10 seconds for the settings to be saved to disk. Let me know if you still see problems here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirsbro View Post
                      Oki after I've consulted the manual, I think I have encountered something. I cant make velocity, modweel or anything MIDI modulate slice selection which would be so cool and I believe is intended. Same goes for pitch, I can make velocity modulate level but nothing els, not gone through all combinations. I have removed VEL from level, was speculating that if it (velocity) was assigned to something already it would be "occupied" by that job ant not able to modulate anything else but removing it from level made no difference. The CV inputs works fine on the other hand, but I want to use the MIDI option.
                      Another thing, in the "slice window" not where you de3fine the slices but where you can assign SEQ and so on, there is always 16 slices no matter how many slices the sample is cut to, it can be more or less than 16 but I can only (and always) select between 1 and 16.
                      First, with the MIDI modulators, they only apply to the cell specific MIDI channel and not the Global Channel.

Next, when using MIDI with the slicer, the incoming notes are hard coded to individual slices. In other words, note 36 (decimal) plays the first slice, note 37 the second, etc.

Does this help?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

First, with the MIDI modulators, they only apply to the cell specific MIDI channel and not the Global Channel.

Next, when using MIDI with the slicer, the incoming notes are hard coded to individual slices. In other words, note 36 (decimal) plays the first slice, note 37 the second, etc.

Does this help?
                        Thanks for your reply.. So what I did was, I sat the global MIDI to none and then I gave each cell its own MIDI channel, the outcome was no different I could not make VEL modulate the slice selection.. Am I just not getting it and what you are saying is that when triggering a cell by MIDI, the MIDI note will ALWAYS dictate exactly what slice will be played and not an "offset" as in "this MIDI note +/- modulation = what slice is played

Comment

With 2.2.3 beta, I'm hearing some weird noises that sound like bleed-through.

When I trigger the kick (which is the only thing set to output from FX1) and then trigger another sample (set to output on something other than FX1) while the kick sample is still playing, sometimes I hear a clicking sound on FX1. I'm guessing it's bleed-through from another sample because the click has some timbral qualities of the sample that's being played (eg. clap sounds different than snare)

Here's the kit I'm using, it uses some of the stock bitbox sounds: https://gist.github.com/cowboy/6bfaa...8ae9a893b3e579

Does anyone else hear this issue?

Comment

Working...
                          X