X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    started a topic Bitbox 2.2.3 Beta Discussion

Bitbox 2.2.3 Beta Discussion

Please check out the new beta version and tell us what you think.

• vantablack
    commented on 's reply
    im looking at the manual page 9 that says "The column to the left of the EXT cells can also be used as additional external outputs EXT5 through EXT8, in addition to simultaneously being used to trigger samples mapped to those cells".

how can i use one of those cells with a sample, use the jack to trigger it and have that same jack as an output? sounds like there is a way to manually assign cells to trigger/gate input which would be great because it enables layering

• vantablack
    commented on 's reply
    i interpret what he says like the ext listening to cv changes and gates accordingly. graphic vco by erica synths does this, it doesn't require a trig or gate
    this is the top wanted additional feature on my list to use with slices or start and end points but please enlighten me if i overlooked possibilities to do this

• Branko808
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it finally does.(Smile) How about internal resampling of audio files down to 40kHz and 12bit like the old 900/950 or sp 1200? Make it sense for u?
    Thanks.

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Branko808 View Post
    Hi there!
    I reload my bitbox with 2.2.4, but on the screen appears mature 2.2.3 signature.
    Please try reinstalling and double check your files. 2.2.4 says 2.2.4 on the Home screen.

Leave a comment:

• Branko808
    replied
    Hi there!
    I reload my bitbox with 2.2.4, but on the screen appears mature 2.2.3 signature. New envelope mode add some unwanted delayish sounds(new release)in bidirect mode. Is there good will to choose between envelopes? Old/New ADSR, AR?
    There is differrent behaviour if you triggering sample in mono or stereo mode. Mono is retrigerring from sample start. Stereo not exactly.
    Last edited by Branko808; 02-17-2019, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slowwild
    commented on 's reply
    It's no big deal, Just something i noticed, if it didn't give the option, i'd not have thought twice.

• Christine
    replied
    Originally posted by slowwild View Post
    I've found a bug with folder renaming. I went to rename a folder, set the new name, hit "return", it went back to the folder list, but the file wasn't renamed. When I tried to navigate in and out of folders the rename screen pops up at unexpected times and eventually when i try to leave the file browser, sticking the module in a weird loop

Notes:
    - I'm on 2.2.4, this is my first time using the module, just got it a couple days ago
    - The root of the card only has 6 folders on it

Thanks, pretty fun so far!
    Thanks for pointing this out. We don't support folder renaming on the module right now. We should make the UI reflect that. Sorry. We can add it to the wishlist.
    In the interim, you can put the microSD card into your computer to rename folders and add new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    I will talk to Aaron about the MIDI modulators.

I think I can repro what you are saying about the "slice window". Are these the correct repro steps?
    1. Create a slicer cell with fewer or more than 16 slices.
    2. Press info until you get to the parameters page with the Slice parameter.
    3. Use the knob to select a value for the Slice parameter.
    Expected results: The options for the Slice parameter should match the number of slices available in the cell.
    Actual results: The number of Slices allowed is always 16. So if I have more than 16 slices, I can't get to the additional slices. If I have fewer than 16 slices, I can select an option that doesn't map to an available slice.

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    Sure. Toolbox is great for that. :-)

• Shledge
    replied
    On 2.2.4 - call me crazy, but I notice that the recording function seems to have a bit more latency than before. Any sample recorded has a 5-6ms gap in the beginning that I have to reduce. The delay is very noticeable when triggering samples alongside everything else in my modular - this results in noticeable flamming or feeling slightly "off". As a result, I have to put a slice after the gap, put sync mode to slice and then it will be spot on.

In the past it was pretty much spot on. Everything is slaved to the same clock.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    commented on 's reply
    Bubinga pointed out on another thread that this may be an issue withe the Beatstep PRO. Could that be what you are experiencing? Here's what Bubinga said:

Hey guys - first post here. If you're getting noise with the Beatstep Pro via CV/Midi it is actually a known fault with the Beatstep Pro. Arturia includes a USB splitter with the BSP - it isolates power from your PC so you can connect to your DAW and use a wall-adapter for power. This eliminates all the hum I've experienced with both the Bitbox and BSP in general.

• slowwild
    replied
    I've found a bug with folder renaming. I went to rename a folder, set the new name, hit "return", it went back to the folder list, but the file wasn't renamed. When I tried to navigate in and out of folders the rename screen pops up at unexpected times and eventually when i try to leave the file browser, sticking the module in a weird loop

Notes:
    - I'm on 2.2.4, this is my first time using the module, just got it a couple days ago
    - The root of the card only has 6 folders on it

Thanks, pretty fun so far!

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    The updated user manual and quick start guide are now available at https://1010music.com/bitbox-documentation.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Maxcady, I think you are missing something. I just confirmed that polyphonic mode is working in MIDI and with triggers. Maybe a video is in order?

Regarding your suggestion, I believe you can do what you want now if you use CV: Trigger the sample and then manipulate the pitch CV as it plays out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X