What's going on with firmware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with firmware?

As we sit by with our original bitbox, many of us who had purchased on the original release of this module, we haven't seen a software/firmware update in 3 months. There are problems etc that many of us want to be addressed, and frankly, every time you release a new reiteration of the original bitbox it's like a slap in the face. Whether its some new software released, or you build a whole new stand-alone box it just speaks magnitudes on where the company really values its current customers. I can appreciate that you want to make new things, but if you don't have a large enough team that can fix what you have originally created then the company's priorities are not aligned correctly. You look at a company like Erica Synths who released like close to 20 modules over the past few months, and literally, any issue that comes up with one of these new modules it is resolved with an update in just a few days time. Please, as a company, take some time and spend the man hours fixing the bitbox and make it what it should be and what it was marketed as. The bugs and such need to be fixed. Anytime I am asked about the module I honestly cannot give a true opinion on it to anyone. I simply say its a beta module and just doesn't function well yet. It really sucks having something this expensive that is not functioning at full capacity. Spend the next couple months releasing beta firmware weekly until the issues are resolved. There is no excuse right now for why we aren't having constant updates to resolve problems, and I am not talking about feature requests that are ideas people have, I am talking about fixing the problems. Thank you

I have read somewhere that Aaron already confirmed that bitbox will benefit from the development of blackbox. So new features and bugfixes will probably end up in a new update for bitbox.

Comment

Monix, you are obviously frustrated by our lack of updates. I'm not sure if there is anything I can say or do that will truly satisfy you.

If it is any help, I will commit to a major update to bitbox by the end of April. We have a number of sampling related updates ready to transfer to bitbox with bug fixes. That is all coming soon.

I have worked at companies from the smallest to the biggest and they all face difficult resource limitations. Having more resources means more mouths to feed and therefore more projects and always neglecting something.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post
        As we sit by with our original bitbox, many of us who had purchased on the original release of this module, we haven't seen a software/firmware update in 3 months. There are problems etc that many of us want to be addressed, and frankly, every time you release a new reiteration of the original bitbox it's like a slap in the face. Whether its some new software released, or you build a whole new stand-alone box it just speaks magnitudes on where the company really values its current customers. I can appreciate that you want to make new things, but if you don't have a large enough team that can fix what you have originally created then the company's priorities are not aligned correctly. You look at a company like Erica Synths who released like close to 20 modules over the past few months, and literally, any issue that comes up with one of these new modules it is resolved with an update in just a few days time. Please, as a company, take some time and spend the man hours fixing the bitbox and make it what it should be and what it was marketed as. The bugs and such need to be fixed. Anytime I am asked about the module I honestly cannot give a true opinion on it to anyone. I simply say its a beta module and just doesn't function well yet. It really sucks having something this expensive that is not functioning at full capacity. Spend the next couple months releasing beta firmware weekly until the issues are resolved. There is no excuse right now for why we aren't having constant updates to resolve problems, and I am not talking about feature requests that are ideas people have, I am talking about fixing the problems. Thank you
        which problems/bugs does your module have and what other bitboxes are you referring to? i know of two, the eurorack module and a desktop module. there are features that sure would be beneficial for it like layering samples or linking cells (not triggering a whole row), choke config in the cells, volume control for inputs etc. the other features on the desktop is possible due to other hardware and i can in part understand your stance because i've had almost every elektron instrument, but the choices made by companies are theirs to make and they invite us to voice opinions on their forums and they are fully aware of the power of the internets and i'm sure that none of them invests in product production to make enemies. the desktop instrument isn't even marketed to the modular market but the bitbox still benefits from it. and about erica synths i'm still waiting for features for graphic vco that they marketed before release

Comment

What promise did we make in our marketing that hasn't been fulfilled?

Comment

Working...
          X