Bitbox 2.5 discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox 2.5 discussion

Please share your thoughts on Bitbox 2.5 here.

Thank you very much for your support.

Thanks Aaron!!

Appreciated!

PS: Do not wanna nag.... but will the mix screen come in a next update?

Comment

Regarding the Mix Screen, it is hard to say. It depends on a number of things. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Thanks for trying to fix some of these bugs. Still having issues here, hopefully these can be fixed asap.

1. For recording, the auto play does not work I am trying to loop what I record, and this makes it impossible - this is a deal breaker for me. Switching back to last firmware because of this. While I thought the problem with the output routing was bad, I would say this is worse, or equally as bad.

2. When you restart the unit all of the record settings are lost, so now you need to set everything back up again like the ins and outs etc. This is just a pain, not a deal breaker, I can work around this.

3. **see video** No matter what the screen brightness sets itself to 76.8%. Not sure why, if I go and change it to 100%, within seconds it will go back to 76.8%. That is not a big deal, but it worries me to what other things are just randomly changing themselves... Its weird, since the compressor settings and all stay in tact. I tried resaving my user preset but doesn't help.

Comment

Monix,

I appreciate the timely review of this new version. These three issues should now be fixed in version 2.5.1.

Please note that the auto play functionality will only work under the following conditions:
          1) RecToPlay is set to ON in Settings
          2) Threshold recording is OFF
          3) There is a Length other than Custom.

I look forward to your review of the new version. Thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you so much for bringing midi program change, it's fantastic - I'm implementing it right now for my two shows this week. Will be great!

One thing - it's a bit cumbersome that you have to delete the whole name of the song (even songs) to manage what program is what number. Would be great with a solution to this down the line. Most important thing is - pgm change is here! YAY!

ps. will it also come to synthbox at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Monix,

I appreciate the timely review of this new version. These three issues should now be fixed in version 2.5.1.

Please note that the auto play functionality will only work under the following conditions:
              1) RecToPlay is set to ON in Settings
              2) Threshold recording is OFF
              3) There is a Length other than Custom.

I look forward to your review of the new version. Thank you very much.
              Unfortunately, AutoPlay still does not work.

1. RecToPlay is ON
              2. Threshold recording is off I assume. I don't think I ever have turned it on, but I am assuming it is on the record screen down in the right lower corner next to the record button "Thres"?
              3. I am using 4 bars.

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post

Unfortunately, AutoPlay still does not work.

1. RecToPlay is ON
                2. Threshold recording is off I assume. I don't think I ever have turned it on, but I am assuming it is on the record screen down in the right lower corner next to the record button "Thres"?
                3. I am using 4 bars.
                Could you please post a video? I double and triple checked that. Are you sure you successfully upgraded to 2.5.1?

Threshold is off if the "Thres" button is gray and not blue.

Thank you,

Comment

I will send a video when I get home.

Comment

Bitbox makes some loud glitches when changing presets via midi, while samples are running or starts playing. Would it be possible to fix?

Would be great if it kills sound without clicks when changing preset.

And also great if it can start a new preset at the same time as it's receiving a midi note, without clicks and glitching.

Comment

Hi Aaron, nice work!
                      the only thing is i don't get how to save or reload wave files with the slice with it. Is it juste for the presets? Or is it possible to load just a sample with the slice we made before?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Simontl View Post
                        Bitbox makes some loud glitches when changing presets via midi, while samples are running or starts playing. Would it be possible to fix?

Would be great if it kills sound without clicks when changing preset.

And also great if it can start a new preset at the same time as it's receiving a midi note, without clicks and glitching.
                        Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm not sure when we will have time to look at it. I recommend stopping the incoming notes or muting the unit when changing presets.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatokotom View Post
                          Hi Aaron, nice work!
                          the only thing is i don't get how to save or reload wave files with the slice with it. Is it juste for the presets? Or is it possible to load just a sample with the slice we made before?
                          Thanks
                          Bitbox can only read WAV files with slice points in them--not save them. You can use Sound Forge or Reaper to create WAV files with the slice points. I apologize that this means you cannot use bitbox to save slice points that you have created on bitbox.

Comment

• tomatokotom
                            tomatokotom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            does it work with ableton(or is there a dedicated soft to slice)?

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Could you please post a video? I double and triple checked that. Are you sure you successfully upgraded to 2.5.1?

Threshold is off if the "Thres" button is gray and not blue.

Thank you,
                          Aaron,
                          So I was definitely on 2.5.1, and it wasn't working. So I went back to the old firmware I was using before the new one. Checked and everything was fine, but that was before you fixed the thing with being able to choose your desired out for recording. So I then reinstalled 2.5.1, and it still wasn't working. So I then tried restarting the module which I had not done prior. I think all it needed was a restart because now it's working. I am really happy to see this finally working. Thank you for this!!

Comment

Originally posted by monix View Post
                            ]I am really happy to see this finally working. Thank you for this!!
                            Glad to hear it. Thanks for the effort in validating the new build. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                            X