Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

Got my bitbox a few days ago and really liking it so far, but there's a few things that could make it so much better - let me know what you reckon and if they're feasible and/or already in the works.

- Ability to scroll/zoom into the waveform with the knobs, allowing for fine placement of slices
    - Ability to add slices by tapping
    - Ability to move/rearrange cells by holding down and dragging
    - Ability to pan/route individual samples to different outputs
    - Record at fixed lengths
    - Record on gate
    - Record triggered by input (good for one shot samples)
    - Ability to crop/normalise/reverse samples
    - Settings to change MIDI channel/clock PPQN
    Last edited by Shledge; 01-15-2018, 12:42 PM.

Shledge,

Thanks very much for the suggestions. We will have something for you in the next few weeks.

Comment

I would also like to see a way to crop the samples. just like the ability to make and sample 1 bar, 1/2, 1/4, 1/18, 1/16. Also being able set where it starts cropping the sample. This would make it much easier to grab loops out of the samples. Sort of how Native Instruments does it with Traktor, you just tell it to crop what is playing to whatever size loop you want. This way you can really easily grab a loop while its playing. I know you guys are putting a ton of work into this programming. I appreciate you allowing us to make these suggestions.

Comment

- Ability to crop/normalise/reverse samples
        I would also like to see a way to crop the samples. just like the ability to make and sample 1 bar, 1/2, 1/4, 1/18, 1/16. Also being able set where it starts cropping the sample.
        +1 Pls. I am missing these functions.

Comment

Originally posted by 808Ba$$boy View Post

+1 Pls. I am missing these functions.
          808Ba$$boy, You can crop a wave form when the cell is in Sample mode. Select the mode by touching the icon to left of the grid icon at the top of the waveform screen. Then you will see a pink bracket that represents the start and stop of the playback selection. You can adjust the start and end points by turning the top two control knobs or setting the values of the Start and Len parameters. You can reverse the playback by setting the Rev parameter to ON.

You can read more about this in the full user manual at http://1010music.com/bitbox-documentation.

Comment

You can adjust the start and end points by turning the top two control knobs or setting the values of the Start and Len parameters.
            Hey. thanks for the reply. Maybe I used the wrong word. What I meant was to truncate (destructive editing) the sample once the start and end point are set to permanently discard excess sampling and have more space on the card

Comment

• Christine
              Christine commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the clarification. Allowing editing of the sample files is a slippery slope. It seems like if we start to do the trimming, then there will be an expectation that we will do full blown wave file editing, which is a very big endeavor.

The start/end points are fine, as this is how a lot of samplers act. Some basic truncate tools would be nice, but the suggestions were made before the 2.0 update. Having loop points would be nice though, especially if you want to make samples for pads etc.

I would still like input threshold detection, to allow recording of sounds without sending clocks or gates. Would be really handy for building up sample libraries of percussive sounds etc. It's a basic feature that a lot of samplers share.

Comment

Working...
            X