Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording and playback at the same time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording and playback at the same time?

This might be a stupid question...but since I'm relatively new to the digital domain - is it possible to play back samples and record to bitbox at the same time?

Hello.

Yes you can record and play samples at the same time on bitbox.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Aaron

Comment

You mean... I can use all but one sample slot for playback and at the same time record the session?

Comment

yes, but you cannot manipulate anything on the bitbox itself during recording..if this is what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by pascalm View Post
          yes, but you cannot manipulate anything on the bitbox itself during recording..if this is what you mean?
          Well since the display is used by the record function I can't change samples or such, makes total sense. But the playback continues while it's recording, right?
          I guess 'record monitor' has to be off since else I'd hear my performance double...which, with the inevitable latency, might sound interesting? Probably not...

Comment

playback continues indeed, so you could manipulate whatever you want externally (filters, effects,bitcrushers,...) and record this manipulation back into the bitbox
            monitoring should be off, otherwise you are creating a simple audio feedback loop that is going to rrrrrrring your ears

Comment

Seriously...this module is INSANE!

Comment

yes, indeed, i am planning to buy a second one
                just keep in mind that it consumes some energy, so you need to check the power supply in your rack, each module needs 350mA on the +12V rail

Comment

Good point about power consumption. I'm running 2 Doepfer PSU3.

Interesting factoid; the Roland Demora / Torcido / whatever modules take 450mA !

Comment

PSU3 delivers 2000mA on 12V I think, you should be on the safe side
                    you can always emulate the power consumption in your rack at modulargrid

Comment

Originally posted by pascalm View Post
                      Hi Guys, really on the fence for this module. What I would like to know is whether you can still modulate playing cells by CV and record that at the same time. Example - running a chopped amen break which slices are rearranged by CV to EXT1-4 and recording the new rearranged loop into a free cell? (if that makes sense)

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post

Hi Guys, really on the fence for this module. What I would like to know is whether you can still modulate playing cells by CV and record that at the same time. Example - running a chopped amen break which slices are rearranged by CV to EXT1-4 and recording the new rearranged loop into a free cell? (if that makes sense)
                        I can confirm that the EXT and CV modulators continue to function while recording. So you could build some crazy arrangement with the Amen break and sample the results.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just make sure you have the record monitor turned off in the cell you're recording into, so you don't create a feedback loop...

Nice to see more of the junglist massive coming on board, bitbox is perfect for breakbeat alchemy!

Thanks for the response guys! I am off the fence, found a good price on a synthbox and gone for it.

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice one man! If you have any questions or get stuck with something, please ask!
                      Working...
                      X