Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox not triggering via MI Grids

Hey folks!

I've got BitBox I'm trying to trigger through Mutable Instruments GRIDS and it's not working. Grids can trigger my other modules, no problem, and BitBox can be triggered by other clock inputs, like PNW, no problem. But together Grids and the BitBox do not play nice.

I made sure Grids was outputting triggers and not gates.

I went in an updated the BitBox firmware to 2.0.1 and that's when things got weird.

I was on like 1.2 or something and the interface has changed somewhat dramatically, so I'm not sure where Gate vs Trigger lives now, but interestingly Grids now triggers the Bitbox!

Sometimes.

It seems like it's going through some kind of cycle where it will trigger three or four times (sometimes missing a trigger) and then it sits there for a few bars, and then it tries again.

Is very strange. Does anyone have any advice? Super excited to use my new Grids with this thing and it's a little frustrating that it's not behaving.

If you select a cell -> TopLeft -> there is selection for standard Sample/Clip/Slice.
    You select what type you want, then when you press the info button I believe it brings up the pretty standard page.
    Here In the bottom right I think there is the Trigger/Toggle

Hopefully this helps, I don't have any Mutable so I can't test out for you.
    -s

Comment

Originally posted by sephult View Post
      If you select a cell -> TopLeft -> there is selection for standard Sample/Clip/Slice.
      You select what type you want, then when you press the info button I believe it brings up the pretty standard page.
      Here In the bottom right I think there is the Trigger/Toggle

Hopefully this helps, I don't have any Mutable so I can't test out for you.
      -s
      Hey, cool, thanks! Yeah I can see where Gate/Toggle/Loop lives now.

Alas, it was set to Trigger already (which was what I assumed) and changing it didn't seem to have an affect.

Comment

Matt,

I don't have a grids either, but I have heard of this issue before. Which mode on grids produces a longer signal? I recall that one of them had a 1ms pulse, which is a little too short for Bitbox. Try switching modes on grids to see if that fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Matt,

I don't have a grids either, but I have heard of this issue before. Which mode on grids produces a longer signal? I recall that one of them had a 1ms pulse, which is a little too short for Bitbox. Try switching modes on grids to see if that fixes it.
          Bro that was it! Woo! Thanks so much!

It's funny, I went into that setting on Grids earlier but just to make sure it was set to trigger. As soon as I read your post I remembered that it explicitly says "1ms trigger" and I knew you were right.

Thanks a million!

Comment

I have the same issue... it only triggers a few samples... thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
            X