No announcement yet.

WAV metadata supported tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1010, look at the great community you've built!
    Maybe this will inspire you guys to build a tool to help facilitate extraction of samples from a computer plug ins to the BB.

also, the autosampling in the BB is lacking loop points and round robin. hope that's coming in the future.

Comment

Hi jose.gs.araujo ,

Alright, so here is how the script run.

First it ask for a path and check if it is valid.

Then it will ask for a note stripe value, that is the difference between each sampled note.
      Here a more complete definition from https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-bible-...s-autosampler/
      "In Autosampler, the ‘Note Stride’ parameter refers to the semitone interval between actual notes we sample. With a note stride of ‘1’, the MPC will sample every 1 semitone, i.e. every single note in the defined note range (i.e. chromatic sampling).

With a note stride of ‘3’, the MPC will only sample every third note. The MPC then uses the ‘tuning’ feature of keygroup programs to mimic the missing notes.

Note Stride is all about finding a good compromise between sound quality and memory usage. While acoustic instruments will definitely benefit from a note stride of 1 or 2, in my experience most synth instruments can take a fair amount of tuning before you’ll notice any drop in sound quality, so a note stride of around 4 or 5 can usually achieve good results with a low memory footprint."

Then it will scan file by file, assuming they are in order from the lower note, lower velocity to higher note, higher velocity.

For each file, it will scan the name assuming the MPC Beats format that I mentioned earlier.
      <program name>-<midi note> <note name> <Note velocity>.WAV

In your example:
      <program name>: GBJT
      <midi note>: 036
      <note name>: C1
      <Note velocity>: 092

Then, it will scan for an existing "inst" chunk in the file. If it exist, it will skip the file.
      I didn't wrote code to handle this situation and I'm not planning to.
      If you get this, it possible that you already run the script previously, as mentioned in my initial post the script is destructive, which means that it will overwrite existing files and not create a copy of it.
      My advice would be to test this on copy of your original sample folders.

Based on the file name and the note stride, it will assume the Note, Low Note, High Note, Low Vel, High Vel values.
      That the value you get between bracket [ ] in the prompt.
      If you simply hit enter it will use this value.
      You can however, overwrite it by entering your own value (between 0 and 127).

Once, you entered all the necessary value for a file (Note, Low Note, High Note, Low Vel, High Vel), it will add the "inst" chunk at the end of the WAV file and patch the header of the WAV file with the new file size.

From your screenshot, I also realize that there is a typo in the script when you enter the "High Vel" as it show "High Note" instead.
      This is purely cosmetic, don't worry about it.

To answer your first question, I'm not sure why the first file is not pickup.
      I have some time off right now, so want me to look into it, send me a zip file of the original folder and I'll have a look at it.

Cheers.

Comment

jose.gs.araujo , I figured out that the function I used doesn't order necessary order the file by Alphabetic order.

I updated the script to just to that and also fix the issue with "High Vel" showing "High Note".
        Attached Files

Comment

domo_o

FANTASTIC

thank you. Now I can finally convert all my sounds into the blackbox!

great work

=)

Comment

Originally posted by domo_o View Post
            Hi jose.gs.araujo ,

Then it will scan file by file, assuming they are in order from the lower note, lower velocity to higher note, higher velocity.
            Thank you for all your work. Quick question. Should I rank order my samples by note first and then by velocity?

So, for example:

- C0 to C6 at velocity 60, then continue with C0 to C6 at velocity 127

or

- C0 at 60, C0 at 127, C#0 at 60, C#0 at 127, D at 60, D at 127, ...

I'm not sure by your explanation which is the assumed order.

Comment

• domo_o
              domo_o commented
              Editing a comment
              The assume order is the second example.

Hey hey hey! Reaper saves the day!
            https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=252879

"* Includes feature branch: custom metadata columns in Media Explorer"

Comment

rayultine seems like your request was heard! Super good news. Have you tested it yet?

Comment

no, I don't mess with Reaper betas.

Comment

Working...
                X