• Show
Clear All

• rayultine
    replied
    no, I don't mess with Reaper betas.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    rayultine seems like your request was heard! Super good news. Have you tested it yet?

Leave a comment:

• rayultine
    replied
    Hey hey hey! Reaper saves the day!
    https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=252879

"* Includes feature branch: custom metadata columns in Media Explorer"

Leave a comment:

• shankiphonic
    commented on 's reply
    I was able to run this -
    I quickly perused the code, it's clean enough. nice. (this isn't saying much considering I'm not much of a programmer).
    have a pretty big sample library and I don't use MPC beats.
    I aspire to making time branch this to serve more generically.
    perhaps either to just take a note & velocity per file, or to take a root note from the alphabetical first file, and then bump up a semitone for each consecutive file.

I'd say there's a 25% chance I'll actually get to it.

Thank you for sharing this.

• domo_o
    commented on 's reply
    The assume order is the second example.

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    Originally posted by domo_o View Post
    Hi jose.gs.araujo ,

Then it will scan file by file, assuming they are in order from the lower note, lower velocity to higher note, higher velocity.
    Thank you for all your work. Quick question. Should I rank order my samples by note first and then by velocity?

So, for example:

- C0 to C6 at velocity 60, then continue with C0 to C6 at velocity 127

or

- C0 at 60, C0 at 127, C#0 at 60, C#0 at 127, D at 60, D at 127, ...

I'm not sure by your explanation which is the assumed order.

Leave a comment:

• jose.gs.araujo
    replied
    domo_o

FANTASTIC

thank you. Now I can finally convert all my sounds into the blackbox!

great work

=)

Leave a comment:

• domo_o
    replied
    jose.gs.araujo , I figured out that the function I used doesn't order necessary order the file by Alphabetic order.

I updated the script to just to that and also fix the issue with "High Vel" showing "High Note".
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• domo_o
    replied
    Hi jose.gs.araujo ,

Alright, so here is how the script run.

First it ask for a path and check if it is valid.

Then it will ask for a note stripe value, that is the difference between each sampled note.
    Here a more complete definition from https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-bible-...s-autosampler/
    "In Autosampler, the ‘Note Stride’ parameter refers to the semitone interval between actual notes we sample. With a note stride of ‘1’, the MPC will sample every 1 semitone, i.e. every single note in the defined note range (i.e. chromatic sampling).

With a note stride of ‘3’, the MPC will only sample every third note. The MPC then uses the ‘tuning’ feature of keygroup programs to mimic the missing notes.

Note Stride is all about finding a good compromise between sound quality and memory usage. While acoustic instruments will definitely benefit from a note stride of 1 or 2, in my experience most synth instruments can take a fair amount of tuning before you’ll notice any drop in sound quality, so a note stride of around 4 or 5 can usually achieve good results with a low memory footprint."

Then it will scan file by file, assuming they are in order from the lower note, lower velocity to higher note, higher velocity.

For each file, it will scan the name assuming the MPC Beats format that I mentioned earlier.
    <program name>-<midi note> <note name> <Note velocity>.WAV

In your example:
    <program name>: GBJT
    <midi note>: 036
    <note name>: C1
    <Note velocity>: 092

Then, it will scan for an existing "inst" chunk in the file. If it exist, it will skip the file.
    I didn't wrote code to handle this situation and I'm not planning to.
    If you get this, it possible that you already run the script previously, as mentioned in my initial post the script is destructive, which means that it will overwrite existing files and not create a copy of it.
    My advice would be to test this on copy of your original sample folders.

Based on the file name and the note stride, it will assume the Note, Low Note, High Note, Low Vel, High Vel values.
    That the value you get between bracket [ ] in the prompt.
    If you simply hit enter it will use this value.
    You can however, overwrite it by entering your own value (between 0 and 127).

Once, you entered all the necessary value for a file (Note, Low Note, High Note, Low Vel, High Vel), it will add the "inst" chunk at the end of the WAV file and patch the header of the WAV file with the new file size.

From your screenshot, I also realize that there is a typo in the script when you enter the "High Vel" as it show "High Note" instead.
    This is purely cosmetic, don't worry about it.

To answer your first question, I'm not sure why the first file is not pickup.
    I have some time off right now, so want me to look into it, send me a zip file of the original folder and I'll have a look at it.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• jose.gs.araujo
    replied
    1010, look at the great community you've built!
    Maybe this will inspire you guys to build a tool to help facilitate extraction of samples from a computer plug ins to the BB.

also, the autosampling in the BB is lacking loop points and round robin. hope that's coming in the future.

Leave a comment:

• jose.gs.araujo
    replied
    hi domo_o
    thanks for your effort!
    i'm new to this whole python business. could you help out with an example of how to answer the prompts?
    1. it didnt seem to pickup the first note - "C1 033"
    2. why does sometimes it say "inst found" and sometimes "no inst found"?
    3. in this case I left the following prompts unanswered. did it fill in the prompts correctly? if not, what should have been answered?
    1. Note: 36
    2. Low Note: 36
    3. High Note: 48
    4. Low Vel: 93
    5. High Vel: 127
    Once again, thank you for your valiant effort.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 07.05.32.png
Views:	68
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	24113

Leave a comment:

• domo_o
    replied
    Hi @Paranormal Patroler,

1) I use pyinstaller to create an exe but I cannot add it here (too big). You can MP me your email, I'll be happy to share it.

2) As mentioned earlier, I used Python 3.8.8 to write this.
    https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-388/

3) I don't thing you need something else. Python is called “the batteries included language” for a reason, a lot of stuff is include in the Standard Library and I didn't use anything else.

4) The format I get from MPCBeats is <program name>-<midi note> <note name> <Note velocity>.WAV
    Here is an example: Micahs Choir-043 G1 032.WAV

Hope this will work out for you.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    I can't seem to be able to post on the thread yet, just made an account though so will definitely +1 there.

In the meantime, I posed the question here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lio7xJr4cRE first minutes in, answers the questions about metadata. We all know by now that the types that Bitbox supports aren't usable in Reaper. It would make things so much easier if they were, as it would allow batch processing of samples.

Leave a comment:

• rayultine
    replied
    Same here with Reaper, Paranormal Patroler. I've made the parallel feature request on the Reaper forum to expand metadata editing to /smpl. Lots of views but no response. Maybe you can +1 it!
    https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=251370

Edit, I've also started working on a Reaper template track to properly give filenames of take slices. I could share my preliminary work here, or maybe someone else has already made something better.
    I've been thinking about how cool it would be to quickly render patches of microtonal synths like Surge in Reaper and then shoving the already tagged files into bitbox for maximum weird melodic pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    A few questions domo_o

1. Do you think this could be turned into a small standalone program that doesn't require Python?
    2. Which version of Python should I install?3
    3. Is there anything else necessary?
    4. What is the MPC Beats naming convention specifically?

I'll try it on Windows 10 but I haven't the slightest idea how to work with/around Python.

I'm also curious why 1010 music went with metadata attributes which aren't easily editable via most software. I'm using Reaper and it's not like it doesn't have an extensive list of metadata it can edit, but not the ones that 1010 uses. Any chance that can change in the future? I'm curious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X