Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitbox Mk1 Boot loop when trying to upgrade to 3.0.1 or 3.0.3

Hello all.

Bitbox Mk1 I purchased a few weeks ago came with an older firmware version from the factory (don't remember what version exactly at the time of writing this.)

I bought some new SD cards the other day and loaded them with fxbox, synthbox, and the 3.0.1 version of bitbox. This was just the matrix.bin file.

Everything else works fine, but bitbox 3.0.1 failed to boot after installing. The installation seems to work fine, but there's no screen after "bitbox by 1010music" with 3.0.1 in the corner. The screen goes black for a split second before showing the same splash screen.

I found the 3.0.3 file today and tried again; no improvement. Then I copied the contents of the old SD card over onto the new one and just replaced MATRIX.BIN with the one from 3.0.3. It still gets stuck on the splash screen.

Am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by sean_c View Post
    Hello all.

Bitbox Mk1 I purchased a few weeks ago came with an older firmware version from the factory (don't remember what version exactly at the time of writing this.)

I bought some new SD cards the other day and loaded them with fxbox, synthbox, and the 3.0.1 version of bitbox. This was just the matrix.bin file.

Everything else works fine, but bitbox 3.0.1 failed to boot after installing. The installation seems to work fine, but there's no screen after "bitbox by 1010music" with 3.0.1 in the corner. The screen goes black for a split second before showing the same splash screen.

I found the 3.0.3 file today and tried again; no improvement. Then I copied the contents of the old SD card over onto the new one and just replaced MATRIX.BIN with the one from 3.0.3. It still gets stuck on the splash screen.

Am I doing something wrong?
    All works fine here , Have you tried DELETING the old bin file and then coping the new UNZIPPED bin file across ?

Comment

Originally posted by Filterfreak View Post

All works fine here , Have you tried DELETING the old bin file and then coping the new UNZIPPED bin file across ?
      My understanding is that copying the contents of the factory card over to a new card and then replacing the matrix.bin file with the new one should have the same result, and I've already done that.

However, I sat down this morning to try and take another crack at this situation and the card worked normally. So everything works now. I'm at a loss to explain why, as I literally did nothing with it between starting this thread and turning it on this morning. It is a mystery.

Comment

Working...
      X