Jittery screen - known issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jittery screen - known issue?

Hi! I'm a happy new owner of the BitBox 2.0. Played with it a few hours already - and s*** it is marvelous!
    Just one concern: on some occasions the screens gets glitchy and jitters a lot... Is it a know issue? Is there a way to calibrate or fix the display?
    I don't care that much about a steady display, but I'm afraid this could mean there's a deeper problem...
    Thank you

Is the waveform display glitchy when using loop boundaries? It can take a long time to catch up/render sometimes

The main screen used to glitch out under heavy EXT modulation, especially when using EXT 5-8 inputs, but I think Aaron sorted that out in the last update...

Neither of them have an effect on sound quality, though.

Comment

Hi Dan,
      You are right, it has no impact on sound whatsoever so far. The waveform display has no problem neither. It's only the cell display. I have a Pamela's New Workout and an Euclidean Circles clock-modulating the hell out of it so, maybe that's the issue? If it sticks to just a jumpy screen, then I should have no problem

Comment

That sounds about right. It is a bit disconcerting for sure. Are you using all 8 EXT inputs at once?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Notabene. The glitchy screen is a known issue and is fixed in version 2.1.1. Please let us know if not.

Comment

Hi Aaron, ok cool!
            Dan, I currently use 4 EXT modulators and 6 clock-triggered sample-cells.
            By the way, changing the subject a little bit - I noticed after a while that if I patch more than 6 CV cell triggs on different clocks with long, sliced samples, the sound becomes heavily distorted until it comes back to 6 left playing... I guess I ask a lot of the CPU? Is that a known issue too? I thought I could go up to 16, but maybe not that way?
            Anyway, despite all trouble, I love the machine

Comment

Live update: just upgraded to 2.1.1, the problem doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X