Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

docs for XML attributes in preset management???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• docs for XML attributes in preset management???

Hello,

is there any documentation of the attributes in the XML-files describing the behavior of the parameters contained?

This would be very helpful for managing presets on the PC - the other way is time consuming trial an error...

Thanks for Your help!

I'm sorry to say this is not documented. The tags were chosen to be human readable. We will keep your request in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      I'm sorry to say this is not documented. The tags were chosen to be human readable. We will keep your request in mind.
      I second this request. The bitbox is really great, but it can be time consuming to create a large number of presets.

With XML details in hand I could write a script to allow slightly PC savvy users to pretty quickly assemble presets "outside the module"; I'd be glad to share it with the community.

As I see it, that means putting your WAV files on an SD card, create a CSV (for instance) for the preset names, cell locations, pan, volume, wav file locations on the SD card, etc., hit OK, and the XML is built up from the CSV.

OK, Save the XML, then pop the finished preset and wav SDCARD into the bitbox and you are ready to start using the preset.

If written well, it would make creating say 4 presets that map 64 DMX wav percussion files from something that might take a half hour + on the bitbox itself to a PC process that takes a few minutes. yeh!

Comment

Working...
      X