Samples are sometimes not played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samples are sometimes not played

Especially it stands out on the kick drum which runs continuously. Does anybody have that too? With Gate and Midi same issue.
    In a jam it happens at least one time that the bitbox swallows a sample.

Pls check the Video. It happened on minute 4:53 today.
    Last edited by deKaro; 09-23-2018, 12:44 AM.
    Random walks on never-ending patterns.
    https://www.youtube.com/tonydekaro

Yes, I'm having a very similar problem, but I think in my case it's toolbox sending out triggers intermittently.

I just started a new thread about it here.

Nice jam by the way!

Comment

I re-uploaded the Video to show it.

It happens around minute 4:53.

Comment

Originally posted by deKaro View Post
        I re-uploaded the Video to show it.

It happens around minute 4:53.
        Thanks very much for the example. Do I understand correctly that the BeatStep Pro is controlling the bitbox via MIDI?

Comment

As a follow up question, what else is that BeatStep pro MIDI output connected to? Could there be something related to how the signal is being distributed?

Comment

One more thing: please check the settings on the kick sample. Are you set to clip mode with quantization? Sample mode is better for this kind of sound. Please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

Thanks very much for the example. Do I understand correctly that the BeatStep Pro is controlling the bitbox via MIDI?

Thanks for the reply, Aaron. It happens via Midi and via CV. The Kickdrum and all my percussion are in "Sample mode".

Comment

deKaro, thanks for the answers. Given how basic this issue seems to be (dropping hits on one shot samples with no quantization) I have to imagine that there is something specific to your setup. We have people doing gigs on a regular basis using a similar workflow. This kind of performance is unacceptable.

What version of the firmware are you using?
                In your demo video, how exactly is the BeatStep Pro connected to the Bitbox? Are you using a TRS cable directly from the BSP to the bitbox?
                Can you send me some sample files (presets and samples)?

Is there anything else unusual worth noting?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  deKaro, thanks for the answers. Given how basic this issue seems to be (dropping hits on one shot samples with no quantization) I have to imagine that there is something specific to your setup. We have people doing gigs on a regular basis using a similar workflow. This kind of performance is unacceptable.

What version of the firmware are you using?
                  In your demo video, how exactly is the BeatStep Pro connected to the Bitbox? Are you using a TRS cable directly from the BSP to the bitbox?
                  Can you send me some sample files (presets and samples)?

Is there anything else unusual worth noting?

Thank you.
                  Yes, that would not be good on a Live-Gig. I've always used it as a "feature" because I mostly use generative random sequences, but I've always been annoyed about it.

- I'm using firmware 2.1.3 but it was like that with every firmware since the beginning.

- The BSP is connected with an TRS cable from Arturia directly into the bitbox. But it also happens with a stereo cable. And it happens even if I trigger it only via gate.I have tested all the variations since I bought it. I tested it with both of my 2 BSPs.

- I send you the presets I used today (DropBox). It happened again in that patch. Its 4 samples: Kick, Hihat, Clap & Bassline.

My System is in a new Doepfer A-100PMS12 (Monstercase) 4x PSU3.

Ps.: My Parameter value numbers are flickering on Level and Pitch

Thank you, Aaron.

Comment

Working...
                  X