Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live looping: can bitbox remember polyphony and output settings for cells?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live looping: can bitbox remember polyphony and output settings for cells?

When I choose a blank cell into which I want to record a new clip, it remembers my preference of "In 1/2", "In 1", or "In 2" from the last time I recorded. That's convenient.

However, when I record a new clip or record over an existing clip in a cell via "New Recording" it resets the cell to "Out1/2" and "Poly" regardless of what I had previously.

Is there a way to set per-cell defaults for output and polyphony that will be "sticky" for that cell? Is there a better way to record clips?

My use-case is that in a live set, I want to record, say, 4 bars of an instrument into a cell, and once the recording is done, I want it to start looping. And every once in a while, I'll record over the current cell with a new clip. Right now, the just-recorded clip starts looping automatically, which is great, but it sends it out of Out1/2 and not the output I want to use, FX 1.

How do others do live-looping?

Thanks,
    Ben

+1
    And the limiter is also very annoying for live-looping (volume drop).
    Because of these limits i'm still using the DLD as looper.

Comment

Thanks for highlighting this issue. We have some work to do when it comes to live looping. We will keep this in mind for the next update.

Comment

I consolidated this question into a live looping wishlist post here https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...tures-wishlist
        Last edited by cowboy; 11-07-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X