• diefused
    replied
    Hey Aaron.

oerfekt, Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Dirk,

Thanks for the details. I will have to look into this further sometime soon. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    Bitbox is connected on one midiport from the Cirklon and is also delayed to fit in Ableton

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    Hello Aaron.

thank you for your response.
    my setup is:
    ableton on a Mac book, Midas fw32 soundcard/Mixer ( no driver error latency, necessary ), erm multiclock + Cirklon ( delayed to adjust all playback instruments very accurate in Ableton )
    Audio group out Midas fw 32 in bitbox.

best Dirk

Leave a comment:

• Shledge
    replied
    Hi Aaron,

I noticed this is from the input monitoring rather than the recording, which seems to be causing the blank space. It's the same whether I use MIDI clock (comes straight from BSP and is generally quite stable) or an analogue clock.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Dirk,

I just ran some tests, and the most difficult part is that this stuff is hard to measure. I sometimes see 4-8 ms of blank space at the beginning of a file. It is hard to know if this is a result of bitbox not recording properly or latency in other parts of the system. Tell me more about your setup.

Leave a comment:

• Shledge
    replied
    I have been looking into this since I have the same issue.

I have found that it's not really the recording function adding latency, but the input monitoring itself. This means the recording actually works as intended, but it isn't compensated to the latency of the live input, hence the gap at the start.

A recording will ONLY sync perfectly if all audio is going through the bitbox's inputs, otherwise you will experience flamming and noticable delay. This does not apply for any preloaded samples however - these will actually have the same issues of flamming and delay if you try to play recordings alongside them on the.... same module.

I didn't noticed this until I updated to 2.2.4, so perhaps there has been a tweak to the input buffer?

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    Hello Aaron.

thanks for your answer. I have it synced with midi. And the playback is in Sync. But when I record something the recording has always a silent in front of recording. That is the problem.

To solve this situation i was trying to use midi for playback and a delayed analog clock signal for recording.

so my question is why is this silent in front of my recording ( booth with midiclock ). Are my recording settings wrong, or how can I avoid this.

best Dirk

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Sorry to hear about the difficulty. I haven't looked at recording sync recently. You may find that MIDI clock offers better synchronization because the clock pulses are more frequent. Let me know if that does not help.

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    Nobody hast an idea? On all other Units its working Fine?

thx

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    replied
    I found a workaround.

in my setup I have also a multiclock. So if the bitbox is in „playmode“ bitbox geht midiclock. If bitbox is in „recordmode“ bitbox geht the without offset delayed analog clock from the multiclock.

other solutions are still very welcomed.

and does anybody know why there is this differenz?

thx Dirk

Leave a comment:

• diefused
    started a topic Recording Delay

Recording Delay

Hello, Hopefully somebody can help me.

I am now using the bitbox with midi in my setup. everything is tight. And i really like the bitbox.

But when I record a clip The recorded clip has an offset in the beginning from around 12ms.

my recording settings are:
    length 1bar and rec quantize also 1bar

is There a way to eliminate the 12 ms offset? are the recording settings not optimal? I tried already other settings. As far as I know I can not start later in clip mode?

thx
    best Dirk

Working...
X