Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.2.4: two issues - MIDI velocity can't mod pitch, pan function not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.4: two issues - MIDI velocity can't mod pitch, pan function not working properly

1) i am using a Beatstep Pro with Bitbox and i cannot seem to get velocity to modulate pitch no matter what i do. external modulators are fine (i.e. feeding velocity output to EXT1) but i'd really like to keep it simple and use velocity over MIDI to change the pitch of some of my samples.

2) i'm not sure if this is due to the way my files were recorded or a bug in the firmware but the "pan" control really seems like more of a bad "balance" control at best. i recorded a few stereo samples with input only on one channel (IN 1) and the pan function only seems capable of attenuating the output of OUT2 (doesn't seem to affect OUT1 level at all). i tried recording a mono file and seem to have similar issues... pan will only affect amplitude of output from OUT 2. what i mean is i can't really seem to pan anything all the way to the right (OUT2); sound always comes out of OUT1 unless i change the cell's output exclusively to OUT2. i have not attempted to reproduce the issue with FX 1/2 but it seems consistently present with any files coming out the main outputs.

Thanks for letting us know. We are in the bitbox code this week and we will take a look at the velocity bug. I will also see if we can do something about the pan.

Comment

Working...
    X