Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitbox and Nerdseq - Looping / Clock issue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    48kHz is slightly more efficient to play. It should affect timing at all.

Yes, there will be some timing improvements in the next build of bitbox.

Leave a comment:

• Carmelo_Ponente
    replied
    I also have to mention that a friend of mine told me that the bitbox play the clips in a better way when your sample rate is at 48 Khz Vs 44hz which is true.
    Not perfect but better !

Aaron, if I understood correctly, that means the relation between clips & clock will be better in the upcoming version ?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Carmelo_Ponente
    replied
    Originally posted by ëlectrafa View Post
    Hi Carmelo, I've got the same problem about changing the tempo, actually that's unusable either by MIDI or CV clock.
    In your case it sounds like the clips quantization setting are too low (1 or 2 bars), your clap would need a 1/4 setting at best.
    The only workaround I found is to send the CV clock directly to the cells, and make grids of slices to get the 1/16 timing and sequence it forward at every trig, but it's not ideal...

I made a video of this, it looks like "how the boxes should react to a CV clock" in my opinion. ✌︎

https://youtu.be/yyM1hRcU8ZI
    Hi ëlectrafa, thank you
    This is exactly what I was doing since I've reported the " issue ".
    I just create a number of slice that correspond to the number of steps of my pattern.
    I do really hope that an update will fix this because even the clock is stable (Nerdseq clock is very stable), I can hear a delay between the clip being played and my other stuff (modular or external).
    Love the bitbox so much, fingers crossed !

Leave a comment:

• Carmelo_Ponente
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Carmelo,

We have prototyped a fix for this on blackbox. We will make it available in the next update of bitbox. We're not quite sure when that will be.
    Hi Aaron, thank you very much for your reply, appreciated the help !

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Carmelo,

We have prototyped a fix for this on blackbox. We will make it available in the next update of bitbox. We're not quite sure when that will be.

Leave a comment:

• ëlectrafa
    replied
    Hi Carmelo, I've got the same problem about changing the tempo, actually that's unusable either by MIDI or CV clock.
    In your case it sounds like the clips quantization setting are too low (1 or 2 bars), your clap would need a 1/4 setting at best.
    The only workaround I found is to send the CV clock directly to the cells, and make grids of slices to get the 1/16 timing and sequence it forward at every trig, but it's not ideal...

I made a video of this, it looks like "how the boxes should react to a CV clock" in my opinion. ✌︎

https://youtu.be/yyM1hRcU8ZI

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Carmelo, bitbox is better able to manage tempo changes with the MIDI clock than with the analog clock. Therefore, we recommend that you disconnect the analog clock into the bitbox and just leave the MIDI clock in. Let us know if that works better for you.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Hi Carmelo,

We have heard some reports of issues about analog clock synching. I'm going to spend some time trying to repro the issues. I just watched your video, and I don't see anything obviously wrong about what you are doing. One thing to keep in mind is that in order to avoid thrashing, bitbox waits a couple of beats before responding to a change in tempo. For example, in your demo video, you turned the bpm down from 127 to 119 before settling in at 121. The bitbox would ignore the change to 119 and every other number between 127 and 119 and then synch at 121 after it settled down.

thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your videos. We are going to look into this and see if we can find a fix or offer more guidance about how to change tempos.

Leave a comment:

• Carmelo_Ponente
    replied
    Ok no news

Leave a comment:

• Carmelo_Ponente
    started a topic Bitbox and Nerdseq - Looping / Clock issue ?

Bitbox and Nerdseq - Looping / Clock issue ?

Hi there,

I'm quite new with the Bitbox and I'm trying to understand something here. First, here is my set up with the Analog RYTM as the master
    The Midi Out of the RYTM to a Midi Quadra Thru Box and from there :
    To the Midi In of the Nerdseq
    To the Midi In of the Bitbox
    To the Midi in of the Digitone
    To the Midi in of an another external Synth
    I also send the clock from the Nerdseq clock out to the Bitbox because the manual says that the Bitbox will choose the clock by priority (clock in first then Midi)
    I would like to play loops on the Bitbox in sync with my system but :

1. When I change the master clock, it looks like the Bitbox goes crazy but after it's ok
    2. When the Master tempo is below the tempo loop, it looks like the sync is better than if the Master Tempo is higher than the tempo loop(you'll see in the vidéo, the clap isn't on the kick as I wish)
    3. Vidéo 2 : The loop didn't start. Instead I had of start of the loop at the clock rate. Tried with another cell with the same parameters and it works

Well here are two vidéos, perhaps you can help to understand this behaviours ? All this morning ... not easy to start with

Here are the links :

Link 1 : https://youtu.be/rZ4KQGMfnAg

Link 2 : https://youtu.be/3jnX5C8MHG0

Thank you very much
Working...
X