Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Expanding Firmware Update

Hello!

It has been a while since I last updated by firmware, so I popped onto the forum, downloaded the file for bitbox 2.5.1 and tried to expand it on my desktop. To my unpleasant surprise, unpacking the file with the unarchiving utility on my Mac just produces new files that are some variation of MATRIX.BIN. I downloaded a couple of other unarchiving programs with even less success. Do you recommend a particular unarchiving program for use with your firmware?

Thanks,
    Trevor

You only need to replace the matrix.bin file. Just make sure it's named matrix.bin and matrix 01.bin or something like that.

Comment

If you are on a Mac, Safari is probably already unzipping the file(s) for you. MATRIX.BIN is the single file you need to program your device. We don't have any specific recommendations for unarchiving software because the built in tools on Mac and PC already do the job.

Let us know if this does not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        If you are on a Mac, Safari is probably already unzipping the file(s) for you. MATRIX.BIN is the single file you need to program your device. We don't have any specific recommendations for unarchiving software because the built in tools on Mac and PC already do the job.

Let us know if this does not help.
        Thanks, Aaron! I'll give it a try. It is strange that it looks like it is zipped, inasmuch as it has a zipper graphic on it.

Comment

Also, if you have several MATRIX.BIN files, make sure you get the right (newest) one. The computer is adding a number to the file name to avoid deleting the previous one.

Comment

Working...
          X