Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When sample - a sliced cut of it - ends, then it plays the whole sample to the end ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When sample - a sliced cut of it - ends, then it plays the whole sample to the end ?

as i said in the title, it is not good when i play a part of a sample, then when i stop playing the loop (in the toolbox), then it plays the sample until it is ending...

would not call that a bug, but very unpleasant

or am i doing something wrong?

I'm sorry. I don't understand. Could you post a video if you would like us to investigate?

Thank you,

Aaron

Comment

one can with slice/join select an area to play within a much bigger sample
      thats functioning

but when stop playing this selection, it always plays the whole rest of the sample...
      and that is .... when the whole sample is for example 2 minutes long

if stop then it MUST stop at the end of the selection and NOT play until the end

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
        one can with slice/join select an area to play within a much bigger sample
        thats functioning

but when stop playing this selection, it always plays the whole rest of the sample...
        and that is .... when the whole sample is for example 2 minutes long

if stop then it MUST stop at the end of the selection and NOT play until the end
        I've kind of enjoyed the odd "loop finishes up" sloppiness during the learning period, but it's true, loops stopping when they're supposed to stop instead of playing out the rest of the loop is very important. I was thinking I might be doing something wrong too until I read this.

Comment

It would help us to understand the issue if you could either create video or write a description that includes the following:

1. What steps did you perform.
          2. What did you expect to happen after you performed those steps?
          3. What happened instead?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

what is there wrong to understand?
            you select an short area of a longer sample, it plays the selection correct in loop - but when you stop, it plays the whole rest of the sample...

Comment

Hi Trooper,

Sorry to be difficult. I am not able to reproduce this problem with version 1.3.6. In my experience the best way to proceed is to ask for a video or a text description with the steps to follow.

For example, I wonder the following:
              1) What trigger mode are you using?
              2) Are you triggering samples from the gate inputs, the screen, or MIDI?
              3) What modulators are you using?
              4) I assume this is in Atomic mode, is that right?
              5) What version of the firmware are you running?
              6) Are you doing anything unusual like manipulating the slices while playing?

I hope this helps illustrate why a video would be enormously helpful. Thank you for your support.

Aaron

Comment

i will try to do a video when i have loaded the Bitbox again (at the moment i am using the Synth)

Comment

ok, here it is

Comment

Trooper,

Thanks for posting this video. I see a few issues:
                    1) If you want bitbox to play a single slice and then stop, you need to use Atomic mode, which is under the slice toolbar.
                    2) There is a hard limit on the number of slices. Following scan on a long file you will need to start by deleting slices before you will be able to create new ones.
                    3) For what you are doing, you want quant to be set to none. Quant is useful for synchronizing drum loops. Where is it set in the first part of the video? That could be the source of the triggering problem in the first part of the video.

I look forward to hearing more. Take care,

Aaron

Comment

thanks, i will first try with atomic, perhaps this is the solution

Comment

Ok now, with atomic i can solve my problems.

Comment

Trooper, I'm glad this helped you out.
                          I've got an additional question about the same thing because the rest of the loop playing through when I've stopped is also really bugging me:
                          If I'm hoping to play a loop in Atomic mode - what it the process by which we establish the "next slice" so that the whole loop plays instead of just the first slice?
                          This is probably a silly question, but I can't actually figure it out.

Comment

i don't know if i understand you right...
                            when i set an atomic i do only the 2 points for end and beginning and join that part, have not tried yet what happens if do slice scan before or after that.
                            also what happens when i do mark 2 atomics...haven't tried yet but with a intern modulator (LFO) you can select a few things like "next slice" and so on, perhaps playing around with that?

or workaround: for playing the whole (rest) sample switch off atomic?

when playing triggered lengths set by the sequencer, it always plays the the rest of the sample if you mute that part in the sequencer - this should not be, i think

Comment

Yes, agreed.
                              I guess I was hoping that there might be a way (apart from an LFO) to advance the slice choice in atomic mode.
                              I would really like to play with loops, but when I stop the sequence the rest of the loop plays unless the loop is in gate mode, or atomic mode.

Gate mode doesn't seem to select through the slices, it just plays the first slice.
                              Atomic mode plays the selected slice.

I'd like to sort of progress through the slices in atomic mode (or gate mode) for better timing, and playing whole loops without the rest of the loop playing out when I stop and I can't figure out how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X