Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync slice option - how does it work?

I have been playing with the sync options
    syncing seems to force the audio content (transients) to multiples of the clock rate.
    using audio loops with no clear transients at the clock multiples does not give very good results (loops with a lot of effects or triplet feel)

it would be interesting to be able to cut these loops into equal parts (16ths, 8ths, 4ths or even triplets) and be able to play them in sync with the clock at the appropriate intervals
    maybe the sync slice option is something that goes in that direction?, although it is not clear te me how the sync slice option is working, could it be described please?
    thanks!

I would also find it very useful to auto slice a loop into equal parts. At approximately 2:09 of the video below, there's an option to set slice size. I initially thought this option would be available in atomic mode in addition to scanning for transients. It seems like this would be something that could be implemented in a future update. Pretty please? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et74MN-Rd54

Comment

The basic idea is that you place slice markers at the transients using the scan feature or doing it manually. Then, the loop synchronization functions use the actual transients as the basis for maintaining the rhythm and creating the best sounding adjustments.

Comment

• pascalm
        pascalm commented
        Editing a comment
        ok, but could you exactly describe the change in behaviour between
        -the numerical sync options (1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1) and
        -the sync option set to "slice" please?

• Christine
        Christine commented
        Editing a comment
        Pascalm, I'm working on writing the user manual for bitbox 2.0. In the interim, please take a look at the bitbox 1.2 user manual and read the section "Synchronizing Playback with Slicing, CV Modulators and Clocks" starting on page 10. Specifically read the subsections about Slicing Clips and Playback in Atomic mode. That should give you enough information to work with.

Thanks for your patience. We are also getting ready for the National Association of Music Merchants conference that starts on Wednesday in Anaheim, CA and runs through Sunday Jan 28. That is taking up a lot of our time right now and we are doing our best to stay on top of forum responses between now and then.

ok, thanks for the info
      would be great to implement a sort of function like:

-define start point
      -define end point
      -divide this section into 32,16, 8, 4 or 2 equally distant slices
      -exclude all the rest from playing back
      -gated playing through these slices sequentially or at random @ equivalent clock intervals (1/16, 1/8, ...)

best,
      pascal
      Last edited by pascalm; 01-19-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X