Multiple loop points in a one shot sample

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple loop points in a one shot sample

The only sampler I know of that does this is the Casio fz-1 and it is a really great effect. Would be amazing to see in the Bitbox. Bonus points if it were possible to modultate the starts of each loop !

Hello Chess,

Thanks for writing.

I am not familiar with that model. Is the idea that you are making a wavetable with different sections to loop between? How do you operate the different loops? I appreciate the help.

Aaron

Comment

This should be adjustable:
      1. one after one (with adjustable repeats, example: repeat each one 3 times before the next)
      2. randomized (with adjustable repeats, example: repeat each one 3 times before the next)
      3. when ext. CV/Gate/Midi - do the next hop (with adjustable repeats, example: repeat each one 3 times before the next)
      4. one time or endless run through all

Comment

Aaron, on the FZ you set how long the loop plays within the gate and as it plays through the sample it hits the next loop and so on, up to 8 of them. Check out the demo by Mylar Melodies on youtube on the fz-1. It sound glorious and channels some elements of early afx sound.

As awesome as that is though it is only possible to set the start, end, and duration. Bringing extra modulations as Trooper has suggested would really be next level.

Comment

Another tweak that would be cool to see on looping within a sample is just a momentary toggle off/on of the loop!

Comment

Working...
          X