Wishlist for Live-Looping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Any typical momentary guitar foot switch would work.
    A momentary switch will need some additional electronics to send a CV signal that bitbox (or other rack gear) can understand. I saw some expression pedals, but it seems that what you want is a CV switch instead. I will keep looking.

Comment

• JohnJumper
      JohnJumper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah... I agree... I have a MXR Tap and just ordered a Doepfer A-177-2 that I think will work for this.

• sixnon
      sixnon commented
      Editing a comment
      Monome Walk is an obvious candidate for this duty, and it would make my workflow with the Bitbox much smoother. I'm a definite +1 for desire for CV control of the REC funtion.

Ok, so I tried my Boss FS-6 and like you say, no dice... Guitar foot switches are usually powered and output quite strong gate signals, so I thought it would work.

There doesn't seem to be many CV switches available? Maybe triggering record via MIDI will be an easier "all-in-one" solution, as there's heaps of MIDI foot switches around can that transmit note numbers on a specific channel, like the Behringer FCB1010 (funnily enough).

Along with CV expression, implementing CC control of parameters would be totally amazing, too!

Comment

Momentary foot switch would be ideal. It is what I use with other guitar stuff (I had two of them for my Lexicon JamMan). I don't even have a midi foot controller any more. I can definitely live without the free form looping for now. With my Eurorack I normally start with a patch in place and then get the inspiration to add guitar over top of it. Man! This is exciting! I only started Eurorack and synth stuff 2.5 years ago. I have been a guitar player since 1985. It will be sweet to be able to make use of those skills with my Eurorack obsession now!

Comment

I totally agree. But first a simple cv start/stop for recording would help so much !!!!!

Comment

I use for example a doepfer foot interface or a 7 dials "CV Express" for working with footswitches and pedals.

Comment

• JohnJumper
            JohnJumper commented
            Editing a comment
            Doepfer A-177-2? I just ordered one.

• Kailan
            Kailan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it`s the Doepfer A-177-2. Simple and it works.

Thanks all,

The Behringer FCB1010 looks really cool and is overkill for a simple single pedal. The Deeper A-177-2 looks like a nice solution.

Comment

I would like to add my support for triggering record for a cell from a CV trigger!

My current workflow would be greatly enhanced if the workflow looked like this:

1. Arm a cell for record (from a CV trigger, using CV1-4)).
            2. The next trigger input to that cell starts record (using quantize settings).
            3. Record until either another trigger hits or we hit the sample length.
            4. Until the cell is armed again all incoming triggers now play the sample.

That being said just having a CV trigger recording for a cell would be incredibly useful.

Comment

I forgot to mention that my Roland drum pads will trigger bitbox, patched straight in and unpowered?
              It's not a very strong gate signal, so it must have something to do with the piezo?

Anyway yes, I agree - let's get the recording via CV trigger happening first, and worry about pedals later!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Any typical momentary guitar foot switch would work. Trigger via MIDI would be a great addition to be able to use drum triggers and other controllers to start it. I would think that 99% of people would want to run to a clock, but free form looping could be good for creating the first loop, and then you would want the rest of the loops to be clocked to it from that point on. Sometimes I think having an inbuilt metronome "click" that could be turned on/off would help to capture the first loop.
                +1
                Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                  I would like to add my support for triggering record for a cell from a CV trigger!

That being said just having a CV trigger recording for a cell would be incredibly useful.
                  +1
                  this would be a great way to work.

Comment

• sixnon
                    sixnon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    agreed, that's a great workflow.

Originally posted by matthew View Post

+1
                  this would be a great way to work."

+2/3!

I would love something like this and then after which time if you have cv modulation perhaps it could operate somewhat like 2hp Freez so that the audio can be mangled right after the buffer incoming is frozen - Id imagine this would work in with Matthew's description of the functionality... Thanks for considering this 1010!

Comment

Working...
                  X